Jetex Cone Filter

S3 TAM

Pocket now empty
Reaction score
I fitted my Jetex cone filter last night wow, I'm liking the sounds that it makes.

Just abit worried about it sucking up small children from the side of the road. LOL

Just need to sort out a decent cold air feed for it. I think I might fabricate a new box for it "Carbon Fibre" and two new air feeds will keep you posted on this.

IMG_0423.jpg

What do you think??

looks the part!
Are you going to inclose it fully or seal it against the underside of the bonnet?
Im tempted by the jetex, but i would need to install a decent enclosure to prevent heat soak.

Be interesting to see what you come up with....good luck.

Cheer Barters3, yeah im looking to enclose it fully i was thinking of moulding two hollow halfs then connecting together.

Same filter I'm using there dude, I like them. Good bits of kit.

No cold air feed on mine though, and my intake temps are never much more than 10 degrees above ambient.

Same filter I'm using there dude, I like them. Good bits of kit.

No cold air feed on mine though, and my intake temps are never much more than 10 degrees above ambient.

Welly what Intercooler are you running?
The next thing on the list me thinks.

Group but on Jetex filters like this?
Sure we can make this universal item into an S3 kit with just a few bits and bobs??

I got my Jetex on yesterday morning too! Not performing at it's best though as i have a leak somewhere. You'll see my PCV Valve thread around here from this morning. I've been thinking about doing a little customising too with a good feed to it!

You lot are all going soft with your open filters :no:

I remember the days when everybody was against the open filter and all for a smoothed out standard airbox. You should hang your heads in shame :asskicking::p

I will never muller my air box. Just fancy running something like this in the winter months.

Product code? Cost?

Also, how have you secured the filter to stop vibrations to the MAF?

£48 for filter plus delivery

Extremely good value. I think im going to hold out unless someone comes up with a really good enclosure for it.....
Plus im only running the standard smics' so the last thing i wana do is push up inlet temps, as i understand it the side mounts are on the limit of sufficient cooling for a stage 1.

Liking the Jetex. Post up some pics when you get your air feed done.

Nathan

Looks mental its a looks a lot larger than a k&n filter think il get one price is good too!!!