Joining the fold

HertS3

Reaction score
Hey all,
Been a regular on the S3 forum, now moving to the dark side as I've just secured a deal to part ex my S3 for a similar aged (2014) S4 Avant!
Now I have to re-learn everything lol, from Haldex to Torsen, who knows what else!
First question - is the exhaust system valved? It sounded a bit muted for my liking (my S3 has a res delete), I'm thinking res delete again possibly.

Reactions: rabhrab
Also I should probably be sensible and ask if there's anything I should ask the dealer specifically to check, I've already insisted on DSG oil change (car has done 48k miles and hasn't been changed yet), not sure when the rear diff oil needs doing...

Welcome to the forum!
I'm sure you can search the forum for things a new owner should check. There are loads of helpful, and more knowledgeable people than me, who will come and give you advice shortly.
I've got my S4 stock, apart from a dtuk box and pedal box.

Reactions: HertS3
Welcome! S4 is a great all rounder! DSG service was due at 38k miles so is overdue. Just bear that in mind as Audi don't generally honour warranty claims on the box if the servicing is late.
Exhaust wasn't valved until the B9 AFAIK. Enjoy the car, they are great fun with lots of potential should you wish to mod!

Thanks, hopefully won't have issues as that was outside my control and I'm getting it arranged prior to buying the car.
What's the most economical way to get it to make more noise? I'm guessing resonator delete will drone without valves.

Thanks, hopefully won't have issues as that was outside my control and I'm getting it arranged prior to buying the car.
What's the most economical way to get it to make more noise? I'm guessing resonator delete will drone without valves.
Welcome to the A4 section. :)

Another noob question - where is the SD card slot on the Avant? Dealer couldn't find it either, not in the glovebox!

Another noob question - where is the SD card slot on the Avant? Dealer couldn't find it either, not in the glovebox!
Should have two SD slots directly above the ashtray, on the vertical section along with cd slot, etc.