Judder in Reverse. 3.0 TDI A5 S tronic

V6Tom

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got my S Tronic serviced and according to the garage the fluid looks fine, not burnt or with any contaminants in it.

He reported to me that theirs a slight judder in reverse and asked if i was aware of it. I was indeed aware of it but i never told him about it, This confirms my beliefs that theirs something not right.

Anyone got any similar experiences with this? If the cars in reverse it makes a knocky juddery noise. Hard to capture on my phone but evidently there......

The mechanic also said that it seems to be fine in every other gear and drives fine its just reversing.

Anyone got any idea how I can figure out whats up?

Hi all,

I just got my S Tronic serviced and according to the garage the fluid looks fine, not burnt or with any contaminants in it.

He reported to me that theirs a slight judder in reverse and asked if i was aware of it. I was indeed aware of it but i never told him about it, This confirms my beliefs that theirs something not right.

Anyone got any similar experiences with this? If the cars in reverse it makes a knocky juddery noise. Hard to capture on my phone but evidently there......

The mechanic also said that it seems to be fine in every other gear and drives fine its just reversing.

Anyone got any idea how I can figure out whats up?

Hi,
I know this was a few years back but did you ever get to the bottom of this as my car has exactly the same issue. Had a gearbox oil service in October, its juddering going from 2nd to 1st and 1st to halt and aking that noise going backwards too. Hope to hear from you soon.
cheers
James

I’m nearly sure the a4 B9 uses the same gearbox as the a5 & a4 share the same platform. . This happened to my b9 while it was in warranty. Ended up getting a whole new gearbox.