Judder on take off in 1st gear, Audi said its normal !!

Well guys....

What can I say, (touch wood) no more juddering **Waheyyyy**

The car runs so smooth now and I holy suggest anyone that has issues with their own car juddering, ref my issues in first post, then purchase a new Flywheel (and Clutch)

Was out in the car earlier and every gear change was so smooth and just when I thought it would judder, nothing, nothing but a clean engagement transition and the car is absolutely spot on!!

I'm back loving my car and will certainly be keeping our Audi for a good few years to come :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin_w90 and gary_a4_quattro
Well guys, it’s lasted just over a year and the judder has returned, and it’s really pretty bad on some occasions pulling off, whole car kidders 5-6 times

Hacked off with this car now and can’t wait to get rid :(

Well guys, it’s lasted just over a year and the judder has returned, and it’s really pretty bad on some occasions pulling off, whole car kidders 5-6 times

Hacked off with this car now and can’t wait to get rid :(
Oh s**t don't say that! I've just had my clutch and DMF replaced. Lifetime warranty on parts though. But not good news.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

Had this issue on my 13 plate a4 2.0tdi sline. It drove me nuts. it had me questioning the way i drove, how i leave the car in gear when parked. Everything. Audi wouldn't touch it stating that its a wear and tear item, i had owned the car from 12 months old with 6000k previous miles.

Traded in for brand new 15 plate 2.0tdi BE+ (not because of the judder but it played a part in the decision) and all was well until 6000/7000k miles when the judder presented itself again. At this point i knew it wasnt my driving as id been more than extra careful with the clutch. the judder wasnt as bad as the 13 plate a4 but bad enough to spoil the driving experience.

i reported it and they agreed to inspect when i had my first service at 19k... service happened and they told me that to take a look i would have to fork out to drop the gearbox. Something which i disagreed to and insisted that if a technician thinks its fine after a test drive then i will not moan any more. Took a technician out who observed my driving then had a spin himself. He agreed there is definitely something wrong with it. Booked it in for replacement clutch kit.

Dropped my car off for said replacement clutch kit and the dealer knew nothing about the booking, insisted that the car has done too much mileage for replacement clutch kit (20k). i kicked up a massive fuss as i booked time off work, wasnt happy with the car and told them if its not fixed i will never buy from this dealership again and never buy another audi. Mercedes across the road were more than happy to take my custom... Due to being a loyal customer and the confusment of the booking they agreed to drop the gearbox out and replace if it needs it.

They had my car for 3 days, stated that they have dropped the gearbox but haven't found any faults. They told me though that they can "make it faulty" and replace under warranty. The guy on the phone told me that in this case it will be how they word it and the pen is mightier than the sword. I told him to go ahead.

it took them 12 days. Every day was a different excuse. waiting for the part, waiting for delivery, mechanic availability. In the end they told me that once the part had been received only the head mechanic is skilled enough to replace the clutch kit hence why it took 12 days due to his availability.

When i eventually got the car back it was back to perfect. No more judder. since this i have done 4k miles on the new clutch kit and all is well.

I think the reason i got a replacement clutch kit in the end was the poor customer service combined with the threat of losing my custom at this particular dealer as i had 2 previous cars off them. Also the fact the guy was fed up of my complaining and bodged the warranty replacement notes to allow it. They probably took their time to try and annoy me but i was cruising around in a new a4 courtesy car so i wasnt that bothered.

Hope all goes well for you. apologies for war and peace.

10k miles later it’s juddering again. Worst clutch and flywheel on a car I’ve ever experienced. Probably not buying another Audi.

This cost me just under a grand and can’t believe it’s only lasted a year!

Not happy at all, the car was running brilliantly before.

We are going to be trading it in for a Q5 so I just hope it’s not the same case...

really random, but after i had the egr and dpf deleted on my old one, the judder went away! after having it 3 years and it always having been there.

Reactions: Leebroath