Juddering when on full lock

Slim91

Reaction score
Hi

I've got a problem with my Audi A6 3.0 tdi quattro.

When I ever full lock to the right and drive.. There's somesort of juddering/rumbling noise coming from the passenger front wheel. I had my tyre changed and that didn't make a difference. When I full lock the opposite way it's totally fine.

Can someone please help as its annoying me.

I thought someone would have replied to you by now. Unfortunately that normal, it only happens to quattro cars at full lock. it happened to my 99 V-reg A6 2.7T quattro and also my 08 reg A6 3.0tdi quattro le mans. I also enquired about the same issue only to find its the nature of quattro cars. Coming out my drive onto the road I have to make a sharp left in which you hear a slight rumbling noise / juddering feel. its normal. So you don't have to worry..Hope that helps

As above I was slightly concerned with my 3.0 quattro when I first noticed that but when looking around it seems that is very common and due to the fact the car has a Torsen centre diff and is permanent 4WD. Not an issue with Haldex cars.

Perhaps Slim91 is having more than the normal noise/small judder/vibration?

Why I say this is that he states it fine the opposite way at full lock.

There's somesort of juddering/rumbling noise coming from the passenger front wheel. I had my tyre changed and that didn't make a difference. When I full lock the opposite way it's totally fine.

Reactions: c4a5er