Just a bit of a moan...

TheRunningMan

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago my brake pad warning light came on. No problem, I knew the brakes were on their way out so ordered the parts to do over the Easter break. While I was at it I thought I might as well replace all the bushes at the front end as it was starting to feel a bit tired and had developed a knocking which I think is the front top mount, so more parts ordered.

Then the other day on the way home from work the car started over-revving slightly between gear changes, only slightly but enough to know that something was amiss. After a bit of research the clutch switch seems like the most likely culprit. I only have VCDS lite but thought I'd do a scan and see what came up.

The only code that appeared was "Brake switch, implausible signal" which confused me slightly. So I thought I better check my brake lights are working... No brake lights...so potentially clutch switch and brake switch are giving up at the same time.

I know they are only minor issues but combined with a crazy speedo which is looking like needing a new instrument cluster and the fact the mot is due next month I'm sure the car hates me at the moment!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep the faith mate,at least with the clutch & brake switch they are next to each other so you'll get both changed for the price of a few quid and one stiff neck :yes:

Reactions: S3JACKSON