Just a few questions

Ewan kettles

Reaction score
Hey guys I got a few
Questions to ask and since you have not let me down yet ur def the best to ask.
I got a low oil level light come on in my car at the weekend, oil checked and was low so topped up with 1litre easy enough. Light still on is this normal? the level Is now just shy of the max level.

When accelerating sometimes the car lurches a few times at around 3k it’s a very definite lurching motion it continues until I let off then accelerate again, any ideas as to what this might be? There is no EML

I have installed a reversing camera in the car and it only works occasionally also it doesn’t show a moving car just a snap shot of what it looked like before I started moving. I can always get it to show when the rear dogs are on for some reason. Help please lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camera wired to fogs supply maybe, instead of reverse wire, not knowing which cam system or head unit you've got.

We need to know the car details.

It’s a 2007 (56)A3 pd170 sline sport back. Head unit is a pumpkin Android. Double conversion. Camera is a direct replacement for the number plate light. Sorry don’t have any further info on this. The camera does work it has worked properly before and works only sometimes without fogs on. So not sure why it works when they are on if it works occasionally when off. I understand this hard to take in without seeing it but any help is greatly appreciated.

Is the 'Low Oil' showing in the DIS or a oil lamp symbol, red or amber glowing?

Reverse camera needs the wiring checked. Maybe the camera phono lead (yellow plug) is breaking up in the tailgate hinge or just loose at either end. The 12v. power lead (red plug) also needs looking at. As NHN says maybe wired up to the wrong light or not earthed correctly at chassis stud.
Is oem or a retrofitted camera?

Reactions: Ewan kettles
The low oil display is yellow and beeps as u turn on car saying low oil level. It’s a retro fitted reversing camera (eBay)

Then it's a sensor fault as you have topped it up to max.
Test the camera with the car stationary, the ignition on and gearstick in reverse. Withdraw the head unit and check all plugs are tight in their sockets, watch the HU display as you go checking the connections. Then do the same at the back of the car, should be an easy fault to find.

Reactions: Ewan kettles