Just bought a new pressure washer.

steeve

Reaction score
My Karcher has died, it has a switch problem which neither the Karcher service people nor myself can fix. So enough is enough.
I've had it a few years but it has had a lot of use............. I'm not enamoured with the quality of their products so I looked for something a little better and hopefully more reliable.
Managed to pick up one of these from a German dealer saving me just a few pounds short of two hundred on the best price from a UK dealer...........

It's a Kranzle 1132, used it today for the first time and well pleased, beautifully made and the attention to detail quite stunning.

1132 without dirtkiller

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Does look like a great product and as you say engineered to last a long tiime not like a Karcher., but expensive .
I bought my last Karcher from their outlet.
A K3 machine that does everything I want and seems to work fine. has done plenty over the last few years with no issues.

http://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=5177

karl.

Good choice. My father in law has one of these and they feel like they are well made. We only use it on low pressure though so we don't damage the paint work.
Happy cleaning :)

I've got a nilfisk Argos n amazon regularly have good deals

Go get um.....metal pump not the cheap plastic you get in the karcher k2 or compact

I wouldn't deny that the Kranzle is a very much better engineered piece of kit than a Karcher. In my experience having owned only 2 jet washes in around 18 years, the first one lasting the best part of 15 years and only being a mid range Karcher item that the 50 hours is certainly not correct. The basic K1 and k2 machines with air cooled motors are light duty machines that aren't ever going to last long when asked to start doing some serious work.
The mid range K3 , K4 machines with water cooled motors are a lot better. And if you can get them for less than £100 with all the tools and a warranty then that will do me.
If you are using one every day then a Karcher isn't going to cut it. If you wheel a machine out for 30 minutes every other week then it's going to last quite a few years. I can't justify spending £600 on a jet wash when I can buy something with the same performance for less than £100. Yes it may not last as long but at 15 years a go for a Karcher I am happy.

Karl.

Reactions: Kalashnikov
I had a near bottom range karcher and it was OK for fifteen years. Thing us the old ones are better made than the karcher made now. The build quality is really poor and flimsy, keys parts are made of plastic and not brass and ceramic.

Karcher are designed to last 50 hours or so. As you say thirty mins a week means it'll last till the warranty

They aren't the same though. Power from the kranzle is superb and constant and the machine runs a lot quieter. The karcher hose reel is laughably feeble

Only downside to the kranzle is you can't use standard extension reel cables and it's weight at near 40kg lol

I didn't spend £600 on my new Kranzle. I spent little more than I would have spent on a Karcher. It is possible by shopping around to get a real bargain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Pres...627?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5b0851d513

The best washers for £371 plus 12 quid for delivery. Now that's not expensive is it?

Although there's only two cars in the household (plus a motorbike and a few mountain bikes) my washers get used regularly, both cars get cleaned AT LEAST once a week. So I can forget buying another one.

I didn't spend £600 on my new Kranzle. I spent little more than I would have spent on a Karcher. It is possible by shopping around to get a real bargain.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Pres...627?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5b0851d513

The best washers for £371 plus 12 quid for delivery. Now that's not expensive is it?

Although there's only two cars in the household (plus a motorbike and a few mountain bikes) my washers get used regularly, both cars get cleaned AT LEAST once a week. So I can forget buying another one.

Kranzle start at 429. You'd have to mad to pay near that for a Karcher.

If kranzle was an audi then karcher would be a trabant. The karcher pro series is a bit better but not a patch on kranzle. Only thing better is custom made stuff

I wouldn't deny that the Kranzle is a very much better engineered piece of kit than a Karcher. In my experience having owned only 2 jet washes in around 18 years, the first one lasting the best part of 15 years and only being a mid range Karcher item that the 50 hours is certainly not correct. The basic K1 and k2 machines with air cooled motors are light duty machines that aren't ever going to last long when asked to start doing some serious work.
The mid range K3 , K4 machines with water cooled motors are a lot better. And if you can get them for less than £100 with all the tools and a warranty then that will do me.
If you are using one every day then a Karcher isn't going to cut it. If you wheel a machine out for 30 minutes every other week then it's going to last quite a few years. I can't justify spending £600 on a jet wash when I can buy something with the same performance for less than £100. Yes it may not last as long but at 15 years a go for a Karcher I am happy.

Karl.
Your reasoning is based on karchers that were made 15 or so years ago when they were better made. They are badly made now. It will be a miracle if your karchers lasts a year beyond the warranty. I know alot of people who bought km and km ones and packed up months after the warranty

My brother in law has a nilfisk and it can't even clean a conservatory let alone clean brake dust off wheels. My brother in law said it needs 2 bar pressure to work properly. May aswel use that pressure. I have got a delta force I got from my farther in law and my dad has got another one for me and they are brilliant piece of kit. Will get another one

Kranzle start at 429. You'd have to mad to pay near that for a Karcher.

If kranzle was an audi then karcher would be a trabant. The karcher pro series is a bit better but not a patch on kranzle. Only thing better is custom made stuff

Kranzle can start at £383 including delivery sutely that's worth considering?

I have second k2 karcher now and it is pretty much dead. After 2 years, like the previous one. I will start using my compressor because it isn't worth spending another 100 quid for 20 car washes.

Just to throw in my 2pennith worth...
I have a Karcher ķ2 (purchased 2012) used twice, maybe 3 times a month. It doesn't feel much of a quality product and the power is not the best but certainly fine for what i need and still going strong after nearly 3 years (100hrs+)

I have a K2 as well and I must admit, it takes a hammering between cars and the patio. It regularly does both my and the wife's car and if my mother see's me in wash mode, her Punto gets it as well.
I did have a look on ebay today and the cheapest Kranzle is coming in at £364 plus delivery.
I might consider one if the K2 goes t*ts up any time soon.
The cost of using the local filly's wash box along with all the scratches from the manky hose doesn't exactly float my boat at all.

My Karcher has died, it has a switch problem which neither the Karcher service people nor myself can fix. So enough is enough.
I've had it a few years but it has had a lot of use............. I'm not enamoured with the quality of their products so I looked for something a little better and hopefully more reliable.
Managed to pick up one of these from a German dealer saving me just a few pounds short of two hundred on the best price from a UK dealer...........

It's a Kranzle 1132, used it today for the first time and well pleased, beautifully made and the attention to detail quite stunning.

View attachment 46223
Very nice Steve :thumbs up:

Didn't think I would here myself say this, but I have power wash envy!
embarrassed-smiley62.gif
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Very nice Steve :thumbs up:

Didn't think I would here myself say this, but I have power wash envy!
embarrassed-smiley62.gif
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks, I didn't think the price was too bad for what is supposed to be the ultimate washer. My Karchers have lasted quite a few years but they do get a bashing. I didn't change it because I fancied a change but because its died. So I needed a new unit. Like you I'm a bit OCD when it comes to car cleaning so I would have bought a top of the range Karcher so the Kranzle really wasn't that much more.

I've used it a few times already and am very impressed. Need the under body lance and the UFO floor cleaning attachment now..... where does it all end?