Just bought an A3!

Open your pan roof. Pour some water carefully in the channels
Should drain out under the car. If it doesn’t that means either your drain pipes are blocked or are not connected and have come off.

Had similar issue on my mk5 golf gti few years ago and more recently my father in law had the same problem with his skoda octavia that has a sun roof too. His pipe had actually disconnected

Will have to remove A pillars to inspect drain pipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been raining for the last few hours here and inside is totally dry.

Must be a fluid leak from somewhere else or a rain leak when the car is being driven

It hasn't rained but on the same note the car has not been driven. It's not wet but the carpet feels greasy on some areas and rock hard in others

How would coolant and oil leak into the front footwell?

Like my previous comment the red section shows the coolant system which travels passenger side of the firewall.

Which could explain why coolant is there. The mixing of coolant with oil is just a theory.

4A1F0549 7E27 4758 9F24 95EA89CCB3A2

Reactions: Adeel43
That's a great pic.

I took the glovebox out today to see if I could ge the carpet up but ****** hell this is a put together well!

I'll have to take the seat out and some of the centre console to see if I can lift it enough to check how wet it is underneath.

Current situation. No closer to working out what it is but it not water!

Attachments

• 20200421_185044.jpg
    20200421_185044.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 114
Just read up on the armrest catch and it's a NEW lid that's required! Looking about they are circa £100. That's crazy considering the armrest is ok. More research required. Still not found any info on the panoramic roof cover catch l.
Just got a 12 plate myself with a broken catch. For 100 I’ll leave it it think :)

Amazing. The armrest clip is fixed! It's one of those jobs that once you have done it it's so simple but when your doing it seems so difficult. Anyway all sorted now and one (small) thing crossed off the list.

May, mine literally has no parts at all just flaps about. Gravity holds it down so not fussed :). Getting the front end respray we this week and the dash pod repaired and car should be a great bargain for the summer
0e715729b840bc20241e54826703064d.jpg
427283bac1f3f9d197b70333dba3e05e.jpg
adfd2949cbb335d5c553b0371695eb9b.jpg
315669a175b99a3bf52f402d9dfbe654.jpg
b5a892bdfffc3bc101de99321ccb228c.jpg

The mystery continues. Drove yesterday and no leak or moisture. A little rain today and a little bit of liquid inside

Upon further inspection there are dried crystals under the air vent which goes to rear footwell! I'm stumped but it does taste like acid. Almost like when a battery had been somewhere too long and gets white and crusty at the end

Pic of the liquid and crystals

Attachments

• 20200428_142013.jpg
    20200428_142013.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 108
My previous A3 did this occasionally - the drain holes in the bottom of the passengers door were blocked and the door rubber not sealing well. Water would enter via the speaker cover, roll over the door seal and into the carpet...

Take your speaker out and see if it’s wet.

Whipped the door card off and the speaker is not wet

Reactions: samuelh_888
we have had heavy rain for the last 3 days and not a drop inside the car. I'm now thinking from all the internet research it might be something to do with the ac system. It works perfectly and is still freezing cold but could it be leaking oil in to the car?

Loads of rain this week and driven the car over 100 miles and nothing.

I've come to conclusion my wife (it's her car) spilled something horrific in the car and did not see it! anyway it's back together again and still running well so that's back to normal for now (apart from the scuttle panel I broke trying to refit it!)

Hi I’ve also got a panoramic roof, is it the interior sun blind clip to hold it closed that’s broken? Please attach photos- same thing happened on mine