Just bought me some KW variant 2 coilovers :), But!

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So bought some really really cheap kw variant 2 coilovers, they retail around the £1k mark, ive got them for £250, dont think its too bad lol. Their 3 months old, used for about 2 months on car.

What i want to know is, how do you adjust the back, ive never used coilovers before, only springs and shocks etc.

Now the kid ive bought them off has sent me pics:

I know how the fronts adjust, but from the pics i just cant see how you would be able to adjust the back for height and dampening.
The kid reassures me they are variant 2 as it says that on the packaging. So do they look like variant 2 and im just slack or are they another variant etc?

I know thats whats frowing me, the rear's dont look like they have any adjustment at all in terms of height or dampering in the actual dampers, cant see how the springs will adjust either!

I know mate, thats why i got them, kid is really sound too.

The only thing is, from the pics hes sent it doesnt look like they are variant 2, thats what im trying to confirm before i pick them up sunday!

Also, my suspension is broke so lucky me haha :), perfect excuse.

Thanks mate, well ive been doing some research and also spoke to the guy selling them.

Well he wasnt sure on how the backs adjusted, he just left them, but looking at that instruction guide you put it i can see how the rears are adjusted now, i thought because they didnt have the same deisgn as the front then they werent adjustable.

Haha, you bought any coilovers yet dave? need to pm you too.

Ok little update.

Been in touch with kw automotive, kid their, luke, really helpful, sent him pics of the coilovers to see what im missing and also how to adjust the rear dampers. Waiting on him to get back to me to see what i need but i think ive figured it out, looks like im missing two black caps for the rear springs, think their only plastic and just for the springs to sit on and two caps for the front springs, hopefully they wont be much, i hope lol.
Also i believe i know how to adjust the rear dampers, looks like you push them down to until they wont compress anymore, then turn left or right, just waiting for luke to confirm but im 100% sure thats how their done.