Just bought S1 plate!

Nice. I'm a big fan of car specific plates. Got S1 YLW on my yellow S1 :)
The Mrs Octavia vRS has W12 VRS (her nickname is Wiz)
My on order RS3 I have got RS03 WEE :)

I'm guessing yours was £499 (my S1 was)? I would say that is the most I would pay though, they don't add a lot of value to the car just desirability, so silly to be spending mega money on them.

Reactions: Sandra
Nice. I'm a big fan of car specific plates. Got S1 YLW on my yellow S1 :)
The Mrs Octavia vRS has W12 VRS (her nickname is Wiz)
My on order RS3 I have got RS03 WEE :)

I'm guessing yours was £499 (my S1 was)? I would say that is the most I would pay though, they don't add a lot of value to the car just desirability, so silly to be spending mega money on them.

Cheers. Yeah £499. Actually I saw yours and thought it looked great. I like the idea of making the car look different from an S-line A1. V. Jealous re the RS3. My mate had the TT-RS and absolutely loved it. Is it the same 5-pot engine? What colour have you gone for?

Yea - still 5-pot, pushing 367bhp now though (mk1 RS3 was 340bhp). Gone for Panther Black, with black pack, black wheels and RS design pack which gives red callipers and other interior red accents (plus every other option minus the pano roof). It's gonna be an absolute beast!
I will miss the S1 though, it's a truly fun car - kind of cheeky. Reminds me of driving my old original mini (just on steroids!).

Yea - still 5-pot, pushing 367bhp now though (mk1 RS3 was 340bhp). Gone for Panther Black, with black pack, black wheels and RS design pack which gives red callipers and other interior red accents (plus every other option minus the pano roof). It's gonna be an absolute beast!
I will miss the S1 though, it's a truly fun car - kind of cheeky. Reminds me of driving my old original mini (just on steroids!).
367BHP until you tune it...I heard they had some reliability problems with that engine? That spec sounds awesome. Yeah I can't wait for the S1 to arrive. I haven't had a properly quick car since my Integrale.

Yea, I'll play with it at some point! Engine is solid, but the running gear (prop shafts) on the original RS3/TTRS was a weak point.

I really wanted S1 RMJ (my initials), but upon looking up on the DVLA it is already owned by someone with a BEIGE Daihatsu Sirion.

I believe situations like this are why the abbreviation "WTF" first came into use... it's probably worth more than the bloomin car!

Reactions: Olidelamotte and josedebardi
I was torn between RS03 WEE, ***, YUM or MUG! No WTF sadly as I think that would have won!

I really wanted S1 RMJ (my initials), but upon looking up on the DVLA it is already owned by someone with a BEIGE Daihatsu Sirion.

I believe situations like this are why the abbreviation "WTF" first came into use... it's probably worth more than the bloomin car!
I couldn't find my initials either and I think someone on here already has S1 AUD?

It all depends on what you buy. I paid £350 for my plate and it is now worth £974
DTYME83