Just drove over some paint. Need some advice ASAP!

scoss

Reaction score
Just got home and I've white paint all up my wheel arches and tiny speckles over the right hand side of my car. To say I'm ****** off is an understatement. Now I've managed to pick a bit off, but my question is will methylatedspirit's damage my paint work? Im asking as this is what I use (tiny bit) to get paint off my hands and it works a treat.

If it's a no go for paint can I use this to get the paint off my tyres?

Any other solution would be great.

Thanks

Meths or white spirit should be ok imo, just rinse it off well, although meths does evaporate very quickly. I've used petrol, which is a lot stronger, before with no ill effects. Much the same as when you get a dribble from the fuel cap. You'll probably have to top up your wax coat. No problem at all on the tyres.

having said that, If it's already dry, there's no harm waiting so you might be better waiting on one of the experts to advise though.

Last edited:
If you know where you drove into the paint contact the police on 101 or / and the council and get them to find out who spilled it and claim of them for cleaning it . Night not do any good but worth a try . Tardis for tar removal may also work .