just fitted rns-e into my 8l a3 tdi

nick1973

Reaction score
justefitted it took about 45 mins all in will sort out a fitting guide as i took some pics
one problem i have is that vag-com can see the rns-e unit it says that there are to many communcation errors everthing seems to work on the unit as it should but the dis does show anything up as well
its a a4 unit i've fitted

not giving any error codes it says to many eroors to commicate (sorry really bad speller)

VAG problem then. Are you using a copy cable? Registered software?

When you turn the lights on do the map colours change?

both copy cable and software ( saving up for correct one)been fine with everting else
map changes when lights go and dis shows up track/radio station now
maybe a cheapo lead
I didn't contect the dirversity lead so would this have changed any thing?

just need some trim for the top
shame about the mark on the left and side but i got the unit cheap
eaby027.jpg

Get yourself down to B&Q.. They have flat aluminium strip that will push straight in.. Be careful when you cut it as it is very soft... They sell bright and matt strip and it finishes the job nicely and completely fills the gap. There is a picture of this on the Install thread from CraigyB

Nick,

My 8L install, with the strip fitted..it just pushes in perfectly. No glue or anything needed. As I said, when you cut the strip be careful as its very soft and will mark easily.

Oh, with the 2007 discs, the TMC works a treat!

093c4c28.jpg

please post fitting instruction as soon as you can - im interested in doing this myself

Hmm, what parts are needed to do this, it looks great :)

Yes, I'd like to add to the pressure by demanding a fitting guide with part numbers :) Should be getting my unit next week so would be keen to know what you needed in the way of adapters. I presume you came from a Symphony II?

darko said:
please post fitting instruction as soon as you can - im interested in doing this myself

PM me your Email address it's WIP but getting there.

MY DUMMIES GUIDE SHOULD BE FINISHED TO DAY IF YOU LET ME KNOW YOUR EMAIL ADRESSES WILL SEND IT AS A PDF FILE

FIRST TIME IVE DRIVEN THE CAR TODAY THE DIS DOESNT WORK BUT DOES SHOW RADIO DETAILS ALSO THE NICE LADY DOES TALK TO ME
BUT I HAVENT SORTED THE VAG COM OUT YET WILL HAVE A LOOK AT THAT GOT A NEW AREAIL LEAD COMINGAS THE FIRST ONE WAS CRAP LOADS OF CRACKLIN