Just got a cracking deal on some bits,how do i fit them?

ianhg

Reaction score
For £150 , i just got a sps2 controller, Samco inlet hose and a forge DV, how do i fit the samco and DV ?
cheers

direct replacement for both, just undo original clips take off and replace, look on the forge website for step by step guides for the valve, arent sure if they have a guide for the intake hose but should be same or similar to replaing any hose on a car to be honest, maybe a little more awkward where its situated and having other hoses connecting to it

good enough on a standard car yep, might need replacing as normal wear and tear, but upgrading your valve is usually done following remaps etc as the standard valve doesnt last as long due to splitting diaphrams therefore making a piston recirculating valve for example a stronger option

Can you use the original clips when replacing the DV or are new ones needed?

can use original clips if they dont break, new ones probably are advisable depending on how heavy handed you are, clips are exactly same size as original if thats what your wondering as the original pipes connect to it therefore will be exactly standard size, hope that makes sense

Just make sure when you if the DV that you put it the opposite way round (the two main pipes) to the OEM one, I just put it in the same way round, and my car was soooo slow! Fine when i changed it.
If you have any problems give Forge a call, as they were extremely helpful with me. Even though I bought it from someone else.

Thats for a 1.8T (150) the TIP is different for the S3. Its actually a lot easier. The OEM TIP is completey rubber and just gets clamped to the turbo directly