Just got the callipers sprayed, what do you think?

Darksky66

Reaction score
Just got my callipers sprayed red. Took a photo to share on here. Was a bit of a bold choice for me as normally like to remain subtle, but thought with a nice car like this, why not go red this time.
20220704 190641

After this, got to get some of the door trim replaced and have the bonnet paint corrected before moving inwards into the cabin. After that, will finish it all off with getting some new genuine S3 wheels.

What are your thoughts on the door wind deflectors? Car came with them on and can't decide if I want to keep them on or not.

Reactions: Charlie Farley, Sandra and Gazwould
So after much searching, I manager to find some genuine Audi A4/S4 alloys refurbed in anthracite grey from Alloy Hub to replace the rep rotars that came with the car originally.

Whilst tracking the rears however, we found that the rear suspension have rusted through and couldn't track them properly because of it.

Also replaced the dodgy number plate on the back so it's now centered off.

Next job is to replace the rusted springs and get it fully tracked on the rear.

Attachments

• 20220723_144920.jpg
    20220723_144920.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 84
  • 20220723_144301.jpg
    20220723_144301.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 86
  • 20220723_144315.jpg
    20220723_144315.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 82
Reactions: Charlie Farley and S.
Looks good! Ttrs center caps are black with silver ring and black bolt covers should make those wheels pop. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Darksky66
Just got my callipers sprayed red. Took a photo to share on here. Was a bit of a bold choice for me as normally like to remain subtle, but thought with a nice car like this, why not go red this time.View attachment 256450
After this, got to get some of the door trim replaced and have the bonnet paint corrected before moving inwards into the cabin. After that, will finish it all off with getting some new genuine S3 wheels.

What are your thoughts on the door wind deflectors? Car came with them on and can't decide if I want to keep them on or not.
callipers look great chap. :thumbs up:

Personally i find the rotors look better even if they are reps, they dont look to busy if you get my drift, sometimes certain alloy designs can be just too much,
just my preference.

Deflectors, another one of those marmite add ons, for me its a no no, but all down to personal choice.

Anyway, looks great.:yahoo:

Reactions: bronco and Darksky66

Personally i find the rotors look better even if they are reps, they dont look to busy if you get my drift, sometimes certain alloy designs can be just too much,
just my preference.

Deflectors, another one of those marmite add ons, for me its a no no, but all down to personal choice.

Absolutely. For me, I think I prefer the anthracite colouring mostly on the new ones but I do love the rotar design. Both designs have their place for sure.

And yeah for the deflectors, decided to take them off and do prefer the cleaner lines now.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Looks good! Ttrs center caps are black with silver ring and black bolt covers should make those wheels pop. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up on this, didn't realise about the black ones.

Have you checked the centre bore size, I'm sure A4's have a slightly bigger hole size than an A3's........ 66.5 vs 57.1?

just my preference.

Agree with the above 100% !

Is it a reflection or is there overspray on the discs, near the centre? Fronts look good, what calipers are they?