Just Joined

OtherHalf's

Reaction score
Good Day everyone, just joined up.
Put a deposit down on a S1 yesterday, wife took the test car back today, the local dealer just gave her the key and one hour for a test drive. I had a go round the blocks. It was fast and furious, torque steer was there but manageable, gear changes were swift and short, definitely a push behind my back when accelerating, no wheel spins, corning flat and fast. Just have to get use to the wiper arm and indicator stalk which are opposite side of Japanese cars and Ford. Side mirrors are also smaller than usual, but who's looking, need to concentrate on the road in front at speed.

Sad thing is that the S1 is my OtherHalf's car as my daughter is taking over her Honda Jazz. I will just have to stick with my work ute. Talk again soon.

Reactions: Luc s1
Welcome aboard :)

Nice accurate snapshot of the S1 you had there. The best thing I've found is I'm still not bored of it after 5 months (normally within 3 months I'm looking at my next car!)

Welcome aboard :)

Nice accurate snapshot of the S1 you had there. The best thing I've found is I'm still not bored of it after 5 months (normally within 3 months I'm looking at my next car!)

Thanks Josedebardi....Just finished watching TV..one screen to another. The S1 which I ordered actually is in Yellow with black top which is "in stock", should get it in 2 weeks' time, only picked the "interior package" as roads here aren't as "well laid" as those in UK, so the 18" wheels are out of questions, didn't like those 18" wheels in the "exterior package" anyway, they look like 5 wine bottles pointing to the centre hub. Very reasonable price at A$51,800 on the road, including free 3 years schedule services, comprehensive insurance is also surprisingly "cheap" (A$343 a year), in fact cheaper than the Honda Jazz, go figure it out why? Cheap 95 unleaded petrol too, A$1.30 a litre (65 pence), so no worry about the heavy right foot. Lucky country indeed.

Oh I have to drive like a snake down the road here in the UK with the 18's! My Mrs has 19's on her vRS which are even worse, and my last car had 21s!!! I know what you mean about the wine bottle look, but I like the black contrast diamond cut.

I look forward to seeing Bumblebeast's brother when it arrives!

Put a deposit down on a S1 yesterday, wife took the test car back today, the local dealer just gave her the key and one hour for a test drive. I had a go round the blocks. It was fast and furious, torque steer was there but manageable, gear changes were swift and short, definitely a push behind my back when accelerating, no wheel spins, corning flat and fast. Just have to get use to the wiper arm and indicator stalk which are opposite side of Japanese cars and Ford. Side mirrors are also smaller than usual, but who's looking, need to concentrate on the road in front at speed.

Sad thing is that the S1 is my OtherHalf's car as my daughter is taking over her Honda Jazz. I will just have to stick with my work ute. Talk again soon.

Welcome to audi-sport.net. You in good company in here. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Thank you for the welcome "Princess"..always good to be among people with the same taste in cars, look forwards to read more stories on the S1.

Reactions: Sandra
Must apologize to "Josedebardi", agree with you those 18" wheels do look very nice with the yellow and black combination. My wie is naming her car "Bumble Bee"..its only appropriate as she works at the hospital immunisation unit, "sting" people all year round.

No need to apologise! We all have different tastes!

I suspect all the yellow/black owners will be naming their car on some variation of the bee/wasp theme!

I just got a sticker for mine...
fb501c82eb7fd6e89d9fb9ef86d6f37a.jpg

Reactions: Sandra
Josedebardi,

think there may be a sister on the way as well, my other half is awaiting delivery of a 3 door yellow with black roof posts and pan roof so will primarily be black and yellow.

She is also looking at a "Bumble" based name, she did not like the idea of "jonny" (as in Johnny Vegas), can't understand why?

Apparently it's at dockside now awaiting enough cars to fill a boat before it sails for the UK,

should be here in 3 - 4 weeks, been a long wait but reading these forums i'm sure it's going to be worth it

Montyw

Or Transformers "Bumble ......" in actions. Welcome "montyw". We don't have 3 doors S1 here..all comes with 5 doors. My wife's one should be ready in 2 weeks, 2015 model but made in 2014. Will post some photos when we get it.

2015 03 01 08 29 00 1868353026
I might name mine Barry the Bee after the Bee Movie just to be different lol

Reactions: josedebardi
That would look good as a logo on the back?

Yesterday I made a logo for mine and sent it to my sticker mate :)

Hello mate! Had to laugh at your post, I'm from England but spend most of my time in Thailand. I also have an S1 on order ( in England ) the car i use when I go back is a honda Jazz, in Thailand I have a ford ranger and a mazda BT50, both ute's I beleive although we call them pick ups in England ( and Thailand ). You are obviously a man with great taste in vehicles haha. Welcome to the site!

G'day "Oddfin", thanks for the welcome. I lived in London for 18 years before immigrated to Australia back in 1995. Mazda BT50 and Ford Ranger are basically the same, but I think the Ranger looks better compares to the wide "smiling mouth" of the BT50...Traditionally "ute" is reserved for Ford Falcon ute and Holden (GM) Commodore ute and the rest are "pick up" trucks. My work ute is a 6 years old Falcon XR6 Turbo from new, have had few pick up trucks before it, started with a second hand Ford Courier 2WD, change to a dual-cab 4 WD then a Mazda V6 Bravo pick up with those suicide doors. Had to change to a Falcon ute as those pick up trucks used to do a donut unintentionally when I turn the corner in the wet. After the huge "blood loss" from buying the S1 for my otherhalf, I will have to wait a while to update my current ute. Have my eyes on the Commodore SSV Redline ute...with all the bells and whistles, such as ESC, ABS, Sat.Nav, climate control, reverse camera, windscreen display and Pandora...not to mention it has the same power out put of 270 kw (manual version) from its 6.0 litre V8 engine as my Falcon ute's 4 litre straight 6 turbo engine. Just hope I can save up fast enough before the factory closes down in couple of years' time. Price of the new SSV Redline is actually about the same as the S1. A car magazine called it a 2 seat sport car with a large boot, it handles much better than my Falcon ute which still uses the ancient "leaf-spring" at the rear for loading capacity. But my Falcon ute is faster (only in the dry and straight road). After the SSV Redline, it will be time to replace the Mazda CX9 before it reaches 100,000 km (60,000 miles)..I have heard some horrid stories on the transfer case broken apart after 100,000 km. Guess it is still better than one of the new Mark 7 Golf R has its turbo blown after only 6500 km....apparently it has the same 2.litre EA888 TSI engine as in the S1 but the turbo unit on the Golf was made in Japan??? of all places???

By the way, can't wait to see what's "jose's" logo...some kind of beast?

Vicious looking "Beast"...should register the "Trade mark" of it.