Just ordered 55TSFIe Avant

TSFIe

Reaction score
Hi, just ordered an Avant 55TSFIe Competition in Tango red, just 18 weeks to wait :-( anyone else on here have one on order ?

Reactions: DaveW
Hi, just ordered an Avant 55TSFIe Competition in Tango red, just 18 weeks to wait :-( anyone else on here have one on order ?
Any details on specs/colour? Be great to see the obligatory pics when it arrives :grinning:

Any details on specs/colour? Be great to see the obligatory pics when it arrives :grinning:
Went with the comfort and sound package and the extended leatherette (I think the PHEV comes with the technology pack as standard) I Was going to order daytona grey but my last 3 cars were grey so it was a time for a change hence the tango red. Will post up pics when it arrives but a September delivery date is going to be a painful wait for me !

Reactions: DaveW
Not done red before, whats it like to live with ? one of the great things about grey is it hides dirt really well :)
Looks great especially in the sun as the metallic really pops.

It’ll wont hide the dirt as well as a grey car and you need to take care washing it as from certain angles in bright light any marks in the clear coat are be easily visible.

Mine looked fine when I picked it up from the dealers but then when I got it home found it was covered in fine scratches from not being washed properly. Just in the process of correcting and applying some decent protection to it.

Fortunately I like cleaning it but if thats not your thing then I would definitely getting ceramic coating applied

Looks great especially in the sun as the metallic really pops.

It’ll wont hide the dirt as well as a grey car and you need to take care washing it as from certain angles in bright light any marks in the clear coat are be easily visible.

Mine looked fine when I picked it up from the dealers but then when I got it home found it was covered in fine scratches from not being washed properly. Just in the process of correcting and applying some decent protection to it.

Fortunately I like cleaning it but if thats not your thing then I would definitely getting ceramic coating applied
Thanks for the tips Frizzley, I've got a few months to plan out what I'm going to do but like you I don't mind a bit of cleaning :) interested to know what you plan on doing after correction ?

Attachments

• IMG_20210510_090525.jpg
    IMG_20210510_090525.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 87
Time constraints and needing to use the car means the correction job is being spread over a number of weeks. I therefore wanted / needed to get some protection on it as I went along so after reading a few reviews I decided to try some WoWo’s Crystal Sealant. So far very impressed with product. It’s dead easy to apply and literally all you have to do is wipe it on and wipe it off per the advertising blurb. after application the paint feels super slick and brings out the metallic in the paint. Beading is excellent and so far have noticed a significant difference in the amount of dirt on the car between the areas that I have finished and the areas I still have to do.

Longer term I’ll probably experiment with some different products but for now very happy with the Crystal Sealant

Last edited:
Time constraints and needing to use the car means the correction job is being spread over a number of weeks. I therefore wanted / needed to get some protection on it as I went along so after reading a few reviews I decided to try some WoWo’s Crystal Sealant. So far very impressed with product. It’s dead easy to apply and literally all you have to do is wipe it on and wipe it off per the advertising blurb. after application the paint feels super slick and brings out the metallic in the paint. Beading is excellent and so have noticed a significant difference in the amount of dirt on the car between the areas that I have finished and the areas I still have to do.

Longer term I’ll probably experiment with some different products but for now very happy with the Crystal Sealant
Oh man, another product I'm gonna have to look into :) thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Frizzley
Yesterday I fitted this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07L5R9BCC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to my Avant. Just like fitting a creen cover to a mobile phone, just bigger! Once on it is hard to see, other than the very feint line at the edge but that is all. Hope it will stop the top pf the bumper getting scratched loading things insie and out. On my last C8 I managed to scratch the bumper quite badly when I bike I was loading slipped and this looks as if it would have protected the bumper from that. I would post a photo but as I have said it is almost impossible to see

That looks useful, might add that to my growing list of things to buy once I get my build week.