Just Ordered DTUK Tuning Box!

jpa1992

Reaction score
Now just have to wait! Looking at the discussions on here, I won't be disappointed when I get to plug it in!?

iv heard good stuff from them.
Cracking lads to so great service as always

I have heard they are excellent.
What engine have you got ?

Only the 2.0 143PS, but hopefully should bring it closer to 185 :anbet:

Still a fantastic engine and that will make a massive difference.

I ordered one on sat, should be here tues. can't wait
which box did you go for? The crd-t or the Eco one?

I'd say that you'll notice the difference and love it. I did on both counts! :)

cheers for the orders Guys,

weve recently just updated the software, youll find map number 2 is a file we wrote with feedback from Toby and his 2.0 143ps

Reactions: AshA4 and Daggerit
Hi Andrew are there any map updates to the 177 boxes?
I had to plug in the bypass connector the other night as my car went into limp home mode just as I overtook a bus on the Dual carriageway ;-)
I was only doing 50/60 mph at the time.
The engine management light came on then it lost power.
I stopped and started a few times but eventually plugged in the bypass as it was nearly midnight and I wanted to get home.
I gave it the full beans with the bypass in on the way home and it seemed ok.
i plugged the box back in the next day and everything seemed fine so don't know what happened.
I called Audi and they couldn't find any fault codes!

I've been running as standard for the last week before that I was running map 2 +2 I'm going to refit the box and start at map 2 +0 and see how it goes.
It's ran at map 2+2 for nearly a year with no problems.

Cheers
Ronnie

which setting have you got it on? and where did you secure the box itself?
cheers

At the moment I'm on programme 2 - gonna leave it for a few days and then try +1. I've managed to fit the box behind the firewall, as there was already a gap which was covered by foam where some hydraulic (I think) piping goes through. This is on the washer bottle side of the engine.

Hi Andrew are there any map updates to the 177 boxes?
I had to plug in the bypass connector the other night as my car went into limp home mode just as I overtook a bus on the Dual carriageway ;-)
I was only doing 50/60 mph at the time.
The engine management light came on then it lost power.
I stopped and started a few times but eventually plugged in the bypass as it was nearly midnight and I wanted to get home.
I gave it the full beans with the bypass in on the way home and it seemed ok.
i plugged the box back in the next day and everything seemed fine so don't know what happened.
I called Audi and they couldn't find any fault codes!

I've been running as standard for the last week before that I was running map 2 +2 I'm going to refit the box and start at map 2 +0 and see how it goes.
It's ran at map 2+2 for nearly a year with no problems.

Cheers
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

we do have some new maps available, if you want us to update the box then send the module back to us and enclose a £10 note to cover the return postage :)

Andrew

What's the bypass connector guys ? Does that enable you to remove the box whilst still leaving everything else in situ ?

Yes the bypass is just a blanking plug that comes with the box. You can disconnect the cables from the box and plug the blanking plug in and you're back to standard.

Aha....that's what that is.....how stupid do I feel..!!

Thanks Smartpod..:salute:

The boxes are top notch, I have had mine in my A4 143 Tdi and it is a rocket.

On a better note mine is for sale now as I bought a 3.0 Tdi Quattro today and don't intend to put the box in it.

If anyone is interested pm me for a price. Receipt and all included.

The boxes are top notch, I have had mine in my A4 143 Tdi and it is a rocket.

On a better note mine is for sale now as I bought a 3.0 Tdi Quattro today and don't intend to put the box in it.

If anyone is interested pm me for a price. Receipt and all included.

which map/ setting did you find best

Map 1 + 20% was best for me in both power and economy
Was it the crd-t box? I'm currently on map 1 +1 and got 57.mpg for a trip from oldham to Wales today.
Going to try map 1+2 next. What sort of mpg did you see?
cheers

Was it the crd-t box? I'm currently on map 1 +1 and got 57.mpg for a trip from oldham to Wales today.
Going to try map 1+2 next. What sort of mpg did you see?
cheers

Yes same box. I got an average of 57 mpg on my 25 mile run into work. Mainly back roads but through a few towns.
A great box and really happy with it but will be happier with 240 ponies under the bonnet of the 3lt