Just ordered the CRD-T box from DTUK as per the ASN discount buy.

nbray67

Reaction score
Hi.
Should have the above fitted to our 2.0tdi A5 170bhp early next week in order to give it more zip in the lower gears.

I'll report back once it's been fitted and give some feedback after a few days of running it.

Thx to Andrew at DTUK for answering all my simple but relevant queries.

I really rate the service from Andrew at Dtuk i ordered a box for my Caddy van a few weeks back.

Ordered it around 5.30 thursday, came sat morning, customer service and product are excellent.

I needed a bit more poke from the work wagen it was 104 ps now around 140ps+ and 310nm of torque, does anger a few cars :)

Hope you get on with it as well as i have!

Hope so Avantsline. Yeah, Andrew was sound, even offered to meet in Nott's tomorrow so I could get it but unfortunately I'm working which is a b*tch as I'd love to have had it fitted this weekend.

It will be worth it, pulled up after my first drive and was speechless, shaking with adrenaline, was just shocked how much fun i had in a once boring Caddy van and 3 weeks later still bringing joy when i want it too but economical as well when i want it to be.

As for long term wear and tear, fingers crossed no problems ;)

That is music to my ears. I've researched them quite a bit, was contemplating a remap, Revo, AMD etc.... but didn't want to invalidate the 12mths parts n labour warranty Audi had just given me. So, DTUK it was, this type of box as it has the turbo boost connector as well as the connector to the common rail. Really looking forward to it.

DTUK CRD-T box has arrived, ordered Sat, delivered Tues am, great service so far!!

Gotta wait til the wife gets in before I can fit it, outa the box setting is set on programme 1.
I'll take some pics of each fitting step for those who may be interested in a future purchase / fitment.

Can't wait to try it out!!

Attachments

• 2013-04-09 17.06.43.jpg
    2013-04-09 17.06.43.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 762
Right, 20 mins and fitted!
Fiddly bit for me was when I removed the cowling between the screen and engine bay as that is where I located the box rather than in the engine bay itself.
Easy steps to fit - Please ensure ignition is OFF, key out and engine completely cooled down before starting.
1) Remove plastic engine cover, just lifts off, no screws, pops off each corner.
2) Locate common rail connector at the front of the engine block. Pull the little tab in the centre of the connector towards you (you'll hear it click) and then pull the connector off.
3) Connect the 3 prong connector plug of the box to the common rail and then the connector just removed to the lead connector block of the box
4) The boost pressure connector is just to the rear of the passenger headlight, again, pull up the tab of the connector and remove the connector.
5) Connect the 4 prong connector plug of the box to the boost connector and the connector just removed to the lead connector block of the box.
6) This is where I decided to locate the box in the scuttle bay, between the screen and engine bay. The scuttle cover is fixed in by 3 push clips, one either side, large black slotted screw fixing, just turn with a flat screwdriver and gently lift off each side. The 3rd clip is under the little battery cover that just lifts off.
7) I lifted the foam to the right of the scuttle, cut away an opening underneath it so that the lead for the tuning box could be thread under and the foam replaced.
8) Tuning box tie-wrapped to a large wiring loom in the scuttle, scuttle cover replaced, a bit fiddly to get back in but not too difficult.
9) Leads from common rail and boost pipe secured and tidied up with cable ties.
10) Engine cover replaced, hides the connector blocks and wiring quite well.

Final visual check, no tools left under the bonnet. Bonnet shut, car road tested.

1st impressions, WOW!!!
1st gear, hardly noticeable, into 2nd and foot down, immediate response and pull all the way from 2nd to 6th. A lot smoother delivery and it just seems to want to pull more n more and that's on the Programme 1, no adjustment at all. Even the wife thinks it's a lot smoother and more torquey.
Well chuffed. I'll not bother trying to adjust it as it as done what I needed it too. For those wanting to light it up, the adjustment is there for your pleasure.

Attachments

• Engine cover.jpg
    Engine cover.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 606
  • Cover off.jpg
    Cover off.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 589
  • CR connector.jpg
    CR connector.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 610
  • Leads connected.jpg
    Leads connected.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 564
  • Boost connector.jpg
    Boost connector.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 617
  • Boost leads connected.jpg
    Boost leads connected.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 582
  • Scuttle securing screw.jpg
    Scuttle securing screw.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 588
  • Tuning box in scuttle.jpg
    Tuning box in scuttle.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 631
  • Leads thru foam into scuttle.jpg
    Leads thru foam into scuttle.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 596
  • Leads in bay to box in scuttle.jpg
    Leads in bay to box in scuttle.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 614
Reactions: sidibear and Tuddie
Great write up nbray. I had a brief chat with Andrew last night then rang my insurance company to see what the damage would be, I was in for a nasty surprise. Bearing in mind i'm well over 21 with 10 years NCB Hastings told me engine mods are not insured by them at all. I then did a quick money supermarket before and after comparison and came up with a £200 uplift on average.

Have you had a similar experience?

Happy to pay for the box but an additional £200 notes on top...........................

Great write up nbray. I had a brief chat with Andrew last night then rang my insurance company to see what the damage would be, I was in for a nasty surprise. Bearing in mind i'm well over 21 with 10 years NCB Hastings told me engine mods are not insured by them at all. I then did a quick money supermarket before and after comparison and came up with a £200 uplift on average.

Have you had a similar experience?

Happy to pay for the box but an additional £200 notes on top...........................

It's a tough one with insurance. The wife takes care of ours, think it's Aviva, went up by £23 but that was amending it from a Megane RS250 and declaring the box. I did state that the gains on the box were from 170bhp as std up to approx 200bhp depending on the settings. Advised them it was a DTUK box also. £23 might not sound a lot but that'll be more realistic when it comes to a full renewal. Dependant on the ins quotes, i'll decide if I remove it, if you know what I mean.
The beauty of this set up is that it can be disconnected in minutes and back to std with no trace unlike a MAP where you yourself would be unable to reverse it SHOULD anything go wrong that is insurance related.

Well after some ringing around the best I can find involves an uplift of £90 over standard insurance by adding the tuning box.

Anyone else have a similar story?

Hi. Now sold the A5 so this 5 month old DTUK- CRD-T unit for the 170bhp CR engines is up for grabs at a great price of £230 delivered!!