Just ordered the new Focus RS

andy l

Reaction score
Just ordered the new focus rs in stealth, lux pack, standard seats, painted callipers and 19" forged alloy wheels.
Just have to wait now.
Should be May 16 the dealer told me.

Reactions: Benash20 and Huwbert
As well as or instead of your S1?

I wish mate I'd love to keep both!

Tested the Golf R the other day and the civic type r.
Type r a bit to max power but really nice to drive.
The Golf R left me feeling a bit flat it's to far to conservative in its looks and to be honest it's not as much fun as the S1 there's no wow factor in it.
So gone for the focus rs even though I haven't tested or seen it in the flesh.
Really wanted the RS3 but with the spec I want it's touching nearly 49k.
The focus with options is just a tad over 31k an absolute bargain a saving of nearly 18k and will hold its value better.

Last edited:
Nice one, i'd go the the RS too.

I said this before... For the price for a high spec S1 u could have a focus RS... Great car with a great price and im sure it will drive really well.

Nice one , think that's where my money will be going

Think Im gonna trade in for the new FRS too.

Think Im gonna trade in for the new FRS too.
Nice one mate I should have mine by April don't think anything will touch it dynamically and fully loaded for £31k.
Bit of a performance bargain.
Still love the s1 though!

Reactions: PastS1Owner
Its gone up in price now, the spec i want is 34,000 but thats still not that bad...

See photo.
RS

only thing that puts me off is that the car will be as common as any other focus , ford have said they intend to flood the market with them
one of the things i like in my cars is limited amounts or quite rare cars i might wait and see if they do a limited edition ( rs 500 style )

Reactions: Banana split
Get it ordered!
Think it will be awesome.
Looks like you got all the extras on there.
Yes Ford are making it a global car but it will hold its value incredibly well and like all RS cars there only made for a limited run. Just look at the mk2 RS focus low mileage examples not concourse are going for nearly as much as new.
Plus Ford know how to make a hot hatch I did test the Fiesta ST before its miles more fun than the S1 and I paid £31k for the RS.
I obviously haven't tested it but it will be a great car.

Have you ordered one skiman??

i had a mk 2 focus rs and did nt like it ! swapped it for a renaultsport megane 250 , loads better than the ford !

i need to drive one before i commit , if its no better than the mk2 ill be holding on to the s1 for the for seeable

I really hope the market is flooded with the FRS, means the S1 will remain rarer and hold value more. I just don't see what the FRS has over the S1 (with a remap to equal the power)? Besides space perhaps?

Will be looking to test drive the focus in the new year. should be interesting

I don't think the new Rs focus will have any effect on residual values of the Audi S1 none what so ever.
I think the driving experience with the focus will be better than the S1 drift mode for example and 350 bhp. Yes you can map a S1 via the obd port then you immediately invalidate the warranty , is the S1"s clutch up to the extra power most people say no and are scared of full power take offs.
Focus RS will also keep its money ridiculously well.

If anything the suggested Hotter Fiesta will be comparable to the S1 (Should it arrive)

Did you get any discount from the dealer?

No mate not a penny there's no discount available on the S1

im waiting to drive before i buy , past focus s have been fairly **** to be honest , not a drivers car at all , hope the new one is more " focused " !!!

Surely if you buy a FRS You buy it for the performance and handling aspect I hope the new one handles better than the previous one. I had the limited edition megane R26R and that was a drivers car not practical but a perfect hot hatch and even more so when was running 465bhp through front wheels

im waiting to drive before i buy , past focus s have been fairly **** to be honest , not a drivers car at all , hope the new one is more " focused " !!!
WHAAAAT?? Ive owned both and both of them were unreal drivers cars.

I really hope the market is flooded with the FRS, means the S1 will remain rarer and hold value more. I just don't see what the FRS has over the S1 (with a remap to equal the power)? Besides space perhaps?
Rarer also means harder to sell.
My S1 dropped £10,000 in the first two months of ownership, a Focus RS wont do that.

WHAAAAT?? Ive owned both and both of them were unreal drivers cars.

me too the mk1 was ok in its day but not a drivers car , the mk 2 is about the same , go drive a renault sport megane and then see if you think the focus is not a faster version of a 1.6 style ?

Surely if you buy a FRS You buy it for the performance and handling aspect I hope the new one handles better than the previous one. I had the limited edition megane R26R and that was a drivers car not practical but a perfect hot hatch and even more so when was running 465bhp through front wheels
What upgrades did you have?!

TX.

the renaultsport megane is the best driving hot hatch by a country mile but the new trophy R is £40 k if it was ifitwas £30 k mine would be on order !

Yep

Had a few focus's (Couple of ST's) . They are generally as a rule are more of a drivers car than an Audi. Certainly better than my current car by a distance

Rarer also means harder to sell.
My S1 dropped £10,000 in the first two months of ownership, a Focus RS wont do that.[/QUOTE
Few weeks ago I was offered nearly 23k in part ex against a s3 or tt.
The dealership who sold me my car said the markets really good on s1s think you might be seriously under valuing your car.
Why were you looking to change after 2 months anyway by the time my focus is due my s1 will be 18 months old.

What upgrades did you have?!

TX.

I did the best part of 15k on the engine :shrug:

Kw vairent 3 coiloves
Ap racing 330mm 2 piece front discs
Carbon c+5 pads
Forge front mount
Hard pipe kit
Forge dump valve
Helix Solid flywheel
Helix 6 piece paddle clutch
Helix uprated pressure plate
Cp forge Pistons slightly over sized
Cp forge con rods
Arp bottom end bolts
Custom tubular manifold with tial housing
Garrett Gtx3071 turbo with tial housing
Tial actuator for screemer pipe that teed into down pipe
3" high flow down pipe without cat
Custom 3" exhaust made my hayward & Scott
Cat cams
Super tech valves
Super tech springs
890cc injectors
Custom fuel rail and return
2 litre swirl pot
Botch 044 fuel pump
Turbo smart boost controller

Reactions: Terminator x
There are discounts on the S1 - I got £3k off last November. Just use brokers and take the offer to your dealer.

I have been a bit disappointed by how much my S1's value has dropped - must be because WBAC etc think of it as an A1.

I don't see why the FRS would retain value, though - why would you spend £20-odd thousand on a second hand one when you can get a better APR on a new one for £30k? Probs the same per month! Likelihood is it won't have been driven too delicately, either!