Just ordered

abmat

VCDS Map User
A 21 plate avant in Daytona grey 40tdi with 1200 miles on the clock. Only registered at the start of this month.

Bought it to replace our C6 which we’ve had for 8 years. Got a stonking deal on it, paid 34.5k nearly 12k off list price and 2 free services and at a monthly I was comfortable with. Hopefully will have it by the end of the week.

The first new car I’ve bought, normally got ones at 3 years old, but can’t wait to pick it up. :)

Steve940

Sounds very nice...ais that your.ducati in your.profile.pic ??? I had agreed a px on my bike to get the new v4...but decided a new car was more needed first...maybe next year

abmat

VCDS Map User
I wish it was mine. That was a d16rr that I snapped at a bike show many years ago.
I’m bikeless now. Has a 848 then a diavel. Wish I’d never sold the 848. Loved it.

abmat

VCDS Map User
Well collection has now slipped. I’m buying the service managers car and apparently they can’t get a vehicle from another dealership until Friday, then pdi, shortage of technicians blah blah blah.

Means the better half can’t use it to go on holiday but has to take the car it’s replacing. Right pain in the butt as that’s sold.

Has anyone used the free drive away insurance? I’m going to have to as we will still own the vehicle that’s it’s replacing on the insurance policy

MPTT

Well collection has now slipped. I’m buying the service managers car and apparently they can’t get a vehicle from another dealership until Friday, then pdi, shortage of technicians blah blah blah.

Means the better half can’t use it to go on holiday but has to take the car it’s replacing. Right pain in the butt as that’s sold.

Has anyone used the free drive away insurance? I’m going to have to as we will still own the vehicle that’s it’s replacing on the insurance policy
I always use the free 5 day insurance, it saves you changing yours and getting the cover note to the dealer to get the car taxed. It gives a bit of flexibility if the handover is delayed by a day or two. It’s a 5 minute phone call to sort.

abmat

VCDS Map User
I always use the free 5 day insurance, it saves you changing yours and getting the cover note to the dealer to get the car taxed. It gives a bit of flexibility if the handover is delayed by a day or two. It’s a 5 minute phone call to sort.
Cheers. Thank you for the reply. The salesman has sent me a number. I take it I have to arrange this myself?

abmat

VCDS Map User
Well no car for me. After waiting for 2 days for photos I went to the dealer this afternoon.
Car was brought round and it was missing the one thing I wanted, virtual cockpit. I was told it had this.
This, plus a few other issues meant I declined the car. The sales manager, once I explained my grievances was quite sympathetic, the main one being that I already had a quote through Carwow for a brand new blackline W/tech pack for not much more than I was paying to this car. All being well he has sources me a new vehicle in glacier white W/tech pack and bigger fuel tank (which they’re not charging me for). This is what I wanted in the first place, but now many used out there with virtual cockpit, and the ones I found the pcp quotes were coming out higher than a new vehicle.

fingers crossed I get good news tomorrow that he’s secured it from audis stock.

NevMan

Well known member
Well no car for me. After waiting for 2 days for photos I went to the dealer this afternoon.
Car was brought round and it was missing the one thing I wanted, virtual cockpit. I was told it had this.
This, plus a few other issues meant I declined the car. The sales manager, once I explained my grievances was quite sympathetic, the main one being that I already had a quote through Carwow for a brand new blackline W/tech pack for not much more than I was paying to this car. All being well he has sources me a new vehicle in glacier white W/tech pack and bigger fuel tank (which they’re not charging me for). This is what I wanted in the first place, but now many used out there with virtual cockpit, and the ones I found the pcp quotes were coming out higher than a new vehicle.

What a shame, but maybe all
For the better…fingers crossed

abmat

VCDS Map User
Thanks. The first new car I’ve bought and I’m not comprising. The only thing I wanted it didn’t have and I was told it did.

think it’s standard now, but the one I was going to buy must have been just before the crossover even though it was registered 2 weeks ago. Old stock?

NevMan

Well known member
Thanks. The first new car I’ve bought and I’m not comprising. The only thing I wanted it didn’t have and I was told it did.

think it’s standard now, but the one I was going to buy must have been just before the crossover even though it was registered 2 weeks ago. Old stock?

Maybe got caught up in the semiconductor (chip) shortage meaning many manufacturers are having to remove options. For example Mini only do the new digital dash if you spec Tech + and it was standard across the range before then

abmat

VCDS Map User
Interesting. I did some research a week ago and the tech pack was on the configuration. Now it isn’t.

elan2s

Yes, the Tech Pack is now standard for MY22 vehicles. Not sure when MY22 production starts, it used to be around mid-May (Wk22) but in recent years Audi seems to have moved away from that, maybe after the ususal summer shutdown? In part it explains the good deal I got on my MY21 car as dealers looked to offload scheduled production cars before the change was announced.

Mr_P87

The issue with a used car is it normally attracts a higher APR than a new car. Audi Finance also contributes to a new car finance deal, so it sometimes works best to go new with the lower APR and deposit contribution than a used car where there is little wriggle room on the price... Glad you've got a new car lined up instead though.

When I spoke to my dealer MY22 they're expecting to see some point next year. There's still production issues and further delays with cars that are ordered with the comfort and sound pack due to the chip issues and I think a lot of customer orders have taken any available slots for now from the dealers also.

abmat

VCDS Map User
Well the saga continues. White car couldn’t be secured.

So instead I have secured, confirmed, on its way, a MY22 filament blue blackline. Arrived in the UK today, direct collect by dealer next week from port once cleared customs. They honoured my Carwow deal and also the 2 free services that were in my original used car deal.
More than happy. Fingers crossed I will collect end of next week.