Just reconditioned my wheels, what you's think??

boya

Reaction score
Before..
5284f8c2-fc74-fcf7.jpg

52848891-fcf1-e3a1.jpg

Rubbed down..
5284f8c3-fd4d-ba55.jpg

The paint..
5284f8c3-fd93-cbc4.jpg

Primed..
5284f8c3-fde9-0a71.jpg

Done :)
5284f8c3-fe41-0bc9.jpg

Am well happy with the results they look awesome! Not on the car yet as they need to harden up for another couple of days al keep the thread updated with pics tho!

To be honest mate I have no idea! I went to the local paint supplier and looked through all the colour chips there.

but a dark grey is it? doesnt look black from the photos. we have a spray shop at work which i have occasonally used to spray wood in the past, maybe i should paint my wheels and save a fortune !!how many basecoats and lacquer you get down?

They look good, a similar colour that I'm going to get mine done in soon.

I did mine myself a couple of years ago, outside over the summer. I quite enjoyed doing it but it was quite time consuming, and a recovery truck driver wrecked them after they had been on for a week :( Since then I've lost the love for them a bit, but there's a place I can get them shot blasted, prepped, powder coated and lacquered for £20 a wheel. For that price I'm happy to let them do it!

I was very pleased with them though:

DSC00301.sized.jpg

James for £20 a wheel, you had beter be telling me,or if it's a personal deal i'll even run them down to you!!

Them wheels are lookin sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Jay

We used 1 coat of high build aerospace primer ( I make parts for airbus) 2 coats of base coat and two coats of laquer. They are a kind of graphite colour. They are a metallic with the finest metallic chips the paint supplier had. £20 a wheel!!!!! Bargain!!!

Just managed to get them on the car today but it was dark when I finished! I will post a pic up tomorrow.

....not good enough, We want pics...we want pics....when do we want them.......NOW!!!:yum:
Liking those, colour looks nice,look forward to seeing them on!!!

they look really good m8 get some nighttime pics on lol

very nice,what about quality ?
They painting both side ?
How long you have to wait for them ?:thumbsup:

I know someone who had his done there and he was pleased with them. When I spoke to them he said it would be a few days depending on workload, not a problem for me as they're not my main wheels.

The wheel wasn't overly damaged just a tiny bit of curbing.

Basically....the guy wanted £30 due to size (17") but I think it was really because it had a tyre on it. I didn't drop them off my mate did but he will question this when he collects tomorrow (dropped on Monday)

He is also having a 16" skoda fabia VRS wheel done, that was £25.

Ok I have been busy today fitting a new set of HIDS and led number plate lights will get some night time pics for you's and post them up later tonight. Cheers for all the positive comments btw!

did you do this yourself! if so how much would you charge to do a set if not how much did you pay! and where at???? im in co durham also

Nice job!! Im planning on doing that to my rs6s as well, but I have a fair bit of curbing on them, is there an aluminium filler I could use? I'd probably have to take the tyres off though :/ damn, I have no spare set

Yeah I did this myself on break times at work. Took ****** Ages! I didnt paint them though, the painter at work did them on his spare time. The base coat and thinners cost £38 primer isn't expensive, neither is the laquer. Try a body shop mate, might work out cheap. Where in co Durham are you from?

Here's a quick pic I managed to get last night, terrible quality off the iPhone but you get the idea lol,
4e56dade-3979-7a56.jpg

As for curbing on the wheels mine weren't that bad, managed to get the marks out with 120 grit pads on a da sander. I did buy some chemical metal filler but never used it.

Nice job!! Im planning on doing that to my rs6s as well, but I have a fair bit of curbing on them, is there an aluminium filler I could use? I'd probably have to take the tyres off though :/ damn, I have no spare set

you normaly find when you sand them down mate the amount of filler needed is very very small ie p size you can get a metal filler as boya said any boddy shop or evan halfords sell it maxe of 5 pounds ;-)

Been busy again this morning and de-badged the rear, I left the audi rings on but am starting to think I should take them off too...

Before..
4e56dade-8d7b-bd1f.jpg

After..
4e56dade-8d98-553c.jpg

when i de badge mine i though about the rings as i still have them on there but then thought it would be to much to take them off as well but if you do you can always get some much smaller ones so its not to bear

Id leave them on :) The wheels look good! Get a nicer photos up tho if you can. Im considering spraying mines now but Im not sure about the colour...

Yeah I think I will leave them on for now, I like the idea of smaller ones so might see what there is available. I will try and get some better pics asap.

Looking good m8,i wud leave the badge too

I left the centre badge on mine, it's car dependant but they can look a bit plain without them.

When I refurbed my RS6's there were some reasonable sized kerb marks on the lip. I just sanded them down with quite an aggressive paper (I can't remember the grade, poss P60) and then used finer paper and it took them right out.

DSC00166.sized.jpg

Then I just used a spray putty filler to take the final imperfections out.

DSC00174.sized.jpg

Or you can do this:

KylesWheels003.sized.jpg

wonder how many fingers he has left lol

Or you can do this:

KylesWheels003.sized.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Would'nt you just love to kick that off the axel stands, and has someone thrown a oil can at him :eyebrows:

Jay

So would you say Id be better off taking the tyres off? Damn thats another 15 quid a wheel :/ I have a good few kerb marks

Sweet mate. We should try and organise a north east meet!
I had the Tyres took off mine, my local tyre centre took them off for free and it cost a tenner a wheel to put the Tyres back on with new valves