Just seen my 1st A3 Cab

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
Hi guys, just seen an A3 cab on Borough High Street - it didnt look as bad as I thought it looked in peictures, but it didnt look great either.
The lady driving had the roof up and the odd thing is, unlike most other hatchback/cabrios the roof seems to stretch all the way back to the tail lamps making the car look more like a hatchback with a cloth roof than a traditional cabrio.
All in all a pretty inoffensive slightly bland looking car.

I seen one the other day with the roof down. Didn't look to bad however wouldn't be my choice. As it was approching me it look like an A4 cab at first glance from the front.

poole audi have one in their showroom. im not sure of the spec level, but it doesnt look anything too special imo.

i think it needs to be at least the s-line to make it look good. also i think i would pefer the hood to be covered up when its open (like the a4 does).

Saw a red de-badged one about 3 weeks ago near Sidcup in Kent. Not a demo as had a private plate. Nice sunny day. Roof up of course. Looked ok and quite good in red (maybe I am a bit biased!) but those new front lights make it look a bit cross-eyed in my opinion. Whilst I know there is a safety angle on it, I am not sure they have done a brilliant job with the roll over hoops. How do BMW do it?

I agree with mdre83, it looks a lot like an A4. Think Audi are running out of ideas.