K03 hybrid???

andrewcyp

Reaction score
Hi there guys since a friend of mine is replacing his k04 with a bt,i'm thinking of doing a diy and make a ko3 hybrid and fit it directly on my A3..Has anyone tried or had any experience with that sort of tuning??(i have to say that i allready have the 440cc injectors,tt225Q maf, dp etc...Thanks Andrew!:blackrs4::icon_thumright:

I did that exact same thing a couple of years ago to my ibiza cupra which i had basically got a K04 off a 225 tt and took the caseings off that leaving the core unit and had the original caseings from the K03 machined out to fit the K04 core unit which was ovehauled,balanced with new bearings etc but at the time i was working for an engine/turbo recon company so had full access to all the machines required.The outcome was very good and the best bit was that when you looked under the bonnet it looked liked the standard turbo.

well my car is an A3 1.8T (8L model)
we have taken the k04-023 out of a TT225Q and made a hybrid turbo that consists of the hotside from my K03 and the coolside from the K04...we've made some tests(not balancing it)and everything seems to be ok...Hopefully till the end of the week i'll have news either bad,or good(hopefully):unsure:
if not,then... :banghead: :sos: i'm going to spend my easter holidays at work to buy a new one:)

Hope all goes well then for you and makes a big difference as it did for me!You would only need to balance it if you dismantled the centre core ie taking impeller,bearings thrust washer etc out anyway so should be ok!

unfortunately it didn't worked out because everything was going wrong...thus the turbo sounded like it had problems so we decided not to risk it..K03 is back on the car and i will soon be buying an elliminator maybe...:):rock::yellowrs4:

Sounds like you were building something similar to a Scroll Products SP51 turbo (K03 exhaust turbine and K04 cold turbine). It works well :ninja: