K04 downpipe & sports/decat group buy - gauging interest.

XS Power DP

• With sports cat

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • With decat

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Welly.

I know you probably dont have the time, but I have found when dealing with people like this, try contacting them at least once a week until they reply. Usually they will reply sooner rather than later.

Very true! I would personally get manufactured myself if I was welly as they don't seem to be keeping there side of the bargain!

XS power are total plums! They now have a DP that fits the K04 perfectly after work from Welly, they also have 40 odd people here alone that want one and yet they still dont sort their act out!!! WTF?!

Doesn't seem right! Must of gone to the half wits school of business!!

Happy days looks like there's progress, just hope the increase in price isn't to much!

@ Welly.

I know you probably dont have the time, but I have found when dealing with people like this, try contacting them at least once a week until they reply. Usually they will reply sooner rather than later.

I'd love to mate believe me, but as you suggested, I don't have the time to chase and chase and chase and chase.

I'm doing my best here, so bear with me!

Very true! I would personally get manufactured myself if I was welly as they don't seem to be keeping there side of the bargain!

Tempting... lol

I'd love to mate believe me, but as you suggested, I don't have the time to chase and chase and chase and chase.

I'm doing my best here, so bear with me!

Tempting... lol

What's their email? If everyone who has their name down for one contacts them to hassle them they might pull their finger out.

Last edited:
How much were the original d.p and de-cat from XS. What would the alternative be to one of these, Pipewerx or who else produces them.

Last edited:
So what's going on have xs power sorted it or not I need a down pipe and the manifold as my manifold has a crack as big as a builders *** crack in it.

Thanks for getting back to me looks likes I will have 2 get in line mite have to look at the TSR manifold then.

From what ive heard the downpipe is not "quite" ready!, And the manni is def not ready....

The DP and de-cat is already on an ASN members car and has been for 3 months running fine. Welly has told XS that the last modified DP they sent him is all ok and can be mass produced. XS have now dropped off the radar at the home straight! Very strange :think:

Unfortunately for XS I for one wont be waiting an eternity for them to pull their finger out as i have already bought a down pipe elsewhere. Hopefully Welly, you at least get something in return for your hard work modifying their product to something that actually worked. If only they realise the amount of potential business they will loose because of their inadequacy to perform minor tooling adjustments and re launch their product.

I was talking to Jason (xs power) yesterday, (on a seperate issue,, doing fabrication for him) and mentioned it, and he said "not quite" ready, i presume this is a logistic issue then? as there been made in the states?

I didnt realise that Welly or whoever is running the D.P and manifold for the last while had no issues with fitment etc and that XS have rectified the problem yet still have their finger firmly wedged and have not started production yet. FOOLS.

There was never any running issues with them apart from the "sports cat" that was hit and miss in the emmisions dept.
once they were made to fit, the quality was fine....

I didnt realise that Welly or whoever is running the D.P and manifold for the last while had no issues with fitment etc and that XS have rectified the problem yet still have their finger firmly wedged and have not started production yet. FOOLS.
Welly wont be running one unless he butchered it to fit his new turbo, but i know a few lads that modified it to fit and they are still running fine,

I know there were no problems with quality just fitment/alignment which am I wrong in saying Welly fixed for them.

They removed them from ebay, you can still get the manifolds though.

Welly did do the modifications and sent it back yes,, but he has not got a ko4 no more so he wont be the "tester"

Welly isn't the tester ;)

He made the mods and sent it back. XS made the changes suggested by Welly and sent back a DP with his suggestions and it bolted straight onto a K04 without any further modification.

The stalling point as far as I know was with XS deciding on a price for this group buy!

Don't wanna tread on anyones toes but I contacted them lastnight here's what was said:

ME
"Hi,

I'm a member of the audisport.net forum in the UK. One of the other members has been helping your company to develop a 3" downpipe & cat/ decat for the 1.8T 20VT Audi S3 (2000 - 2003). He has mentioned that he completed the final fitment tests on his car here in the UK and sent the downpipe back to you and now he's just waiting for you to get back to him with a price. I was wondering if there are anymore developments with this? As there must be about 30 members including myself that would like to purchase one of these but it has been awhile now and people are asking when it is going to go on sale. I would be grateful if you could give us an update. Look forward to hearing back from you thanks."

"Hello
Yes, *we are in final stages of manufacturing right now - actually
polishing them
Then - we are shipping to Jason C *in the UK and
your man on the forum , ( WELLY ) thanks so much to him -
will be involved in setting up the group buy and handing out
the first *50 code numbers, as we are setting up a special price
for the members of the AUDISPORT.NET community AS YOU guys stood by us
and we want to extend our appreciation.
Please tell your members we should have info out soon , and
Welly can brief them on it

Final price is to be announced soon !
CHEERS."

"By the way , *we will be doing an exhaust as well upcoming."

END.

So they are on the horizon guys.

Last edited:
Don't wanna tread on anyones toes but I contacted them lastnight here's what was said:

ME
"Hi,

I'm a member of the audisport.net forum in the UK. One of the other members has been helping your company to develop a 3" downpipe & cat/ decat for the 1.8T 20VT Audi S3 (2000 - 2003). He has mentioned that he completed the final fitment tests on his car here in the UK and sent the downpipe back to you and now he's just waiting for you to get back to him with a price. I was wondering if there are anymore developments with this? As there must be about 30 members including myself that would like to purchase one of these but it has been awhile now and people are asking when it is going to go on sale. I would be grateful if you could give us an update. Look forward to hearing back from you thanks."

"Hello
Yes, *we are in final stages of manufacturing right now - actually
polishing them
Then - we are shipping to Jason C *in the UK and
your man on the forum , ( WELLY ) thanks so much to him -
will be involved in setting up the group buy and handing out
the first *50 code numbers, as we are setting up a special price
for the members of the AUDISPORT.NET community AS YOU guys stood by us
and we want to extend our appreciation.
Please tell your members we should have info out soon , and
Welly can brief them on it

Final price is to be announced soon !
CHEERS."

"By the way , *we will be doing an exhaust as well upcoming."

END.

So they are on the horizon guys.

Absolutely peeps, as I have said all along, when I know something, so will you lot..... promise.

Hi all.

There is now some movement on these - I have requested this thread be locked, and I will open a new thread.

Thanks for your patience.... :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.