K04 Hybrid Turbo Help

indiemike

ZoomZoom
Reaction score
Im currently looking to buy a turbo upgrade for the S3, can a hybrid run well using the standard intercooler? Like without any real problems or should i really invest in a new fmic like a forge 1

Cheers Mike

As well as the normal K04... I would think you need to get your stage 2 map tweaked to take advantage of the extra flow though...

FMIC is recommended on a normal K04 as far as I am concerned..

<tuffty/>

As well as the normal K04... I would think you need to get your stage 2 map tweaked to take advantage of the extra flow though...

FMIC is recommended on a normal K04 as far as I am concerned..

<tuffty/>

Yea the mapping will need sorting out again with the changes

I really want the extra power now lol but in the long run i think i should just sit back and get the fmic sorted 1st then get the turbo

Defo get the FMIC before the turbo.

You could consider getting the AH Fabrications FMIC like mine... save you a bit of cash to put towards the hybrid and map tweak...

<tuffty/>

I've just done my FMIC i cant begin to tell you how much better it feels, i would do it the other way around (FMIC first) as you really wont see the benifts of the hybrid until you fit a FMIC

It would depend in what sort of boost your hybrid is running at. The higher the boost, the higher the temps. With different internals it might run a little cooler than the standard mapped one, so you could get away with it.

Dani its a custom jobbie, the cooler itself is from fleabay and just bought the pipes and hoses, looks really good (lost the front fogs there are two nice shiny pipes there now) but the differnce it has made is really amazing

cheers gareth

Dani its a custom jobbie, the cooler itself is from fleabay and just bought the pipes and hoses, looks really good (lost the front fogs there are two nice shiny pipes there now) but the differnce it has made is really amazing

cheers gareth
hows the cooler now then?? glad its mad an improvement

Kev the difernce it has made is imense cant believe i lasted so long without one lol thanks again for the help.... i really should get some pics up soon

Has anyone on the forum been using the Backdraft K04 Hybrid?
They recommend it be fitted with a Blueflame DP and high flow cat and a forge silicone TIP. with results of "upto" 300 BHP.

Interestingly they use Revo stage 2 software. I wonder if this is standard revo stage 2, or if revo make a version for the Backdraft hybrid...

I would be interested to hear from anyone with this setup, especially with the revo software running it.

Has anyone on the forum been using the Backdraft K04 Hybrid?
They recommend it be fitted with a Blueflame DP and high flow cat and a forge silicone TIP. with results of "upto" 300 BHP.

Interestingly they use Revo stage 2 software. I wonder if this is standard revo stage 2, or if revo make a version for the Backdraft hybrid...

I would be interested to hear from anyone with this setup, especially with the revo software running it.

Thats the setup im running mate with the addition of a FMIC, it does go very well now, im still to get it dynoed and have the final map sorted which i think is just revo stage 2 and BDM tweak the settings slightly, oh also just to add mine is using a pipewerx downpipe and decat

For some reason the backdraft hybrids not that well thought of over on the TT forums??? Aparently they dont put out the quoted power??? Its hard to actually find out what hybrid is any good, lol, lots of rumours etc! Glad to know yours is going well though Gaazzaone!

The turbo dynamics one looks like a good alternative to the JBS one too, its half way down the page.

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=144428&hilit=hybrid

That's interesting. So i guess you can run it OK with a stage one Revo map. I wonder what tweaks they do to the stage 2 REVO map. I assume its just the usual tweaks you can do with a SPS device.