Karcher Water Butt Cleaning

palfy86

Reaction score
Has anyone ever washed their vehicle via the water butt/harvested water pump available by karcher? Does it filter the water or is it basically washing your car with rain water? what are your guys thoughts on this?

It has a mesh filter to filter the water.Still using rainwater but without the bits.

Yes I've done this with no problems. There is a mesh filter on the way into the Karcher so I wouldn't worry too much.

Also meant to say there's a special hose you can get with an additional filter on the end... Halfords | Karcher Pressure Washer Suction Hose

I don't use this, just a length of hose. My water butt has a tap with a Hozelock fitting on the end.

Scotty thanks for the info. Joys of living in a terrace town house with the water supply on the other side of the house lol.

Just a update. Ive bought the Karcher K4 PREMIUM and purchased a water butt which i will install at the weekend then its time to purchase a foam lance etc. Any recommendations on a lance and foam?

I was thinking juicy jens but any feedback/opinions will be greatly received.

Yeah thanks sidibear ive got that hose, came with the washer, slight problem though
hose length approx=3mtrs
path length to drive approx=9mtrs
distance from car to water butt approx= 13mtrs

Puzzled look on Martin's face= Priceless lol

so looks like im going to run a hose off the butt tap instead.

so looks like im going to run a hose off the butt tap instead.

I've done that with a lengthy bit of hose from back to front of the house with no problems. I've also in the past used a water butt pump on the other end to give the pressure washer a bit of a hand getting the water shifted. I bought it in Lidl for about £30 IIRC.

Just an update on this topic.

So i purchased a 15M KARCHER hose and ran it from the water butt tap using the standard tap connectors and plug into my KARCHER K4 Premium washer and hey presto as they say, it worked a treat no problems at all.

Just need to purchase my snow foam lance and away i go lol.

slightly off topic but im not going to create a thread just for a waterbutt question, i was wondering can i connect a hozelock tap connector to the tap on my waterbutt and use it as a normal hosepipe with a sprinkler hose on the end?

slightly off topic but im not going to create a thread just for a waterbutt question, i was wondering can i connect a hozelock tap connector to the tap on my waterbutt and use it as a normal hosepipe with a sprinkler hose on the end?

andy i think it depends on the type of tap on the butt. i believe many are made so that the connector on the hose just clips straight on. theres o ring already on the tap to help seal etc.

That to me looks as though you just put the hose straight on to the tap without a connector just sleeve it on and put i jubilee clip on.

I found that when I came to polishing the car after using my water butt (last year when we had the hose-pipe ban), the cloths were getting really dirty, really quickly.

I know that it filters the large particles, but it certainly wasn't a clean wash.

My other concern was that just tiny particles could effectively shot blast my car!

Hmm yeah that makes sense ill have to keep my eye on that when i finally get round to washing the motor. Ill be using it mainly to apply snow foam and rinsing at low pressure.