Kayobong’s Detailing Log

So Jassy - what's your new chariot then ? Not been on the forum for a while so missed that chat....
Hi mate hows life treating ye and yer Daytona S3?
As you may know not ****** much out there in the new car market..especially from Audi so have gone for a fully loaded hairdressers car..comes with state of the curlers,hair straighteners and a awe singing awe dancing twin turbo hairdryer it can blow a wig off in o-1 of a second ....lol

48b43abf201579609aa36f30594ed6a4.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Reactions: sixlargebeers
All good Jassy thanks. Staying sane is as good as it gets for now LOL ! S3 is good - no issues and PPF still doing it's job keeping the paint chip free !
TTS looks top notch matey. Twin turbo hairdryer :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
My detailing query for you today relates to the wife's Discovery - the rear wiper arm is badly faded and a bit rusty. Any thoughts on sorting that ? Would any of the plastic treatment products improve it (after removing the rust with fine wire wool maybe ?)
Cheers

So, yesterday I further corrected the paint on my S5 as I wanted to show off the Audi Exclusive Palace Blue paint! As you can see by the picture below the first few runs with the DA (hex orange pads & Menzerna 2200) left the paintwork with a significant area of holograms which I discovered when cleaning the car and prepping for the second stage of correction. This was expected and all other deeper defects had been cured for the most part. Thankfully this was easily fixed and I have had this problem in the past so I knew how to go about fixing it.

IMG 5750

To fix these lighter blemishes I went with the tried and true method of a hex white pad and Menzerna 3500 on a low speed doing a few passes with the DA. Below are the images of this once I had completed it. So far I have only managed to complete the passenger side 3/4 panel and roof as it's a very time consuming process. (The white line is a plane in the sky not a scratch)

IMG 5753

IMG 5756

IMG 5751

IMG 5758

View attachment 216794

IMG 5768

IMG 5767

Thanks for reading!

Reactions: Pinky1959 and AlS3BE
Really , really nice work on the S5 mate . Very impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kayobong
Really , really nice work on the S5 mate . Very impressed

Thanks mate, need to update this really as I've had my S3 for nearly a year now and haven't posted a thing yet!

Reactions: Scotty75
Thanks mate, need to update this really as I've had my S3 for nearly a year now and haven't posted a thing yet!

Lol , picked up our F/L S3 two weeks ago, Navarra Blue . She’s a peach

Reactions: Kayobong