Keef's Daytona Grey B9 S4 Avant Thread

@Filipão thanks pal
.....to be honest i’d rather let them take my S4 than have a TDi badge on it! :whistle2:

Last edited:
Reactions: SiPie, Filipão, Daggerit and 1 other person
@Filipão thanks pal
.....to be honest i’d rather let them take my S4 than have a TDi badge on it! :whistle2:
Hahaha, I’m with you on that one :yes:

Glad you’re ok @Keef and the scumbags didn’t get your motor, it’s a joke they think they can just take what we work so hard for! Unfortunately I’m the type of person to go down fighting before they could take mine but probably end up injured or worse!!

Quite, but they can have mine, hopefully I will not get it back and then my GAP insurance will get me a facelift version.
I would never advise anyone to fight back, if you've your partner or children with you then more than likely they'll come after them to force you to hand over the keys. It's only a car, not worth it...

Reactions: Riko0073
Quite, but they can have mine, hopefully I will not get it back and then my GAP insurance will get me a facelift version.
I would never advise anyone to fight back, if you've your partner or children with you then more than likely they'll come after them to force you to hand over the keys. It's only a car, not worth it...
Yes totally agree @cuke2u instincts would be to resist but you’re better off just handing over the keys!

Programme on last night about car theft and the new keyless technology and to revert back to steering wheel locks etc and the use of the signal blocking wallets for keys, I already have that and my keys are placed in that when inside.

Reactions: cuke2u
Saying that are we better off not hiding keys etc as if they want it they’ll just break in and cause more damage?!

I have a friend with an S6 who just leaves keys in plane site so they don’t cause more damage or potential injury to occupants if they were to try steal his car.

@Filipão if you want to go a step further spray black/don’t clean your exhaust tips on the right hand side

Right you are, I've been giving it a thought, sure! ;-)

FYI, I drive the ONLY S4 in Portugal. Had to buy it directly from Audi AG.

So not many know what it is in reality.

What a scary world we live in.

Reactions: Keef
Another update:-
Car was in for first inspection service on Friday, 2 years old and on 15k miles.
No real problems to speak of, passengers side front window had stopped working, thought it might be related to having the glass replaced, but turns out
it was just a software thing, that needed recoding!

No mention of any updates or recalls, I asked them to double-check but nothing apparently.

Tires seem to be holding up, still got 4mm all round, so good for a few k miles yet.
Must say after hating the conti's on my last few cars, the SC6 are a vast improvement, not noticed the dreaded tram lining.

Just a quick update on my incident back in October, Police made 3 arrests and have charged them with at least 50 car jackings, last i heard they had pleady guilty to the majority of the charges - haven't heard anymore since so not sure about my case.

Thats it for now.

Reactions: S19 MYD, scotty76, Bristle Hound and 2 others
At the stealers for fixed oil service today, didn’t do it when the inspection was due back in May as they wanted too much money and didn’t have time to get a quote to price match!

First off, no issue with price matching the local indy, £145 - no parts listed, just statement that genuine parts would be used.

In the 2 months, 2k mikes since my inspection service, tires are now down to 2mm so will get some new rubber the weekend, not at Audi prices as they quoted £270 each. Was Tempted by PS4s but staying with conti SC6 as I’ve had no issues and they’ve done me for 17k miles. As i said before much better imo than previous gen SC3,4&5s

Was also told, no recalls or updates but my passenger side rear shock is leaking, but don’t worry we’ll replace under warranty!
I questioned if the pair needed to be replaced.
The answer I got!
Whilst we would usually recommend that, the warranty will only cover the leaking shock, so should be ok changing one side !?

I’ve asked for written confirmation of this in case of future issues as a result.

Last edited:
Reactions: S19 MYD and scotty76
Little update
PCP deal finished, final payment made and all mine now.
Toyed with the idea of chaning back in Feb, glad I didn't commit now.

Reactions: Jcbmally and scotty76
Update - I’ve manage to cover a grand total of 1000 thousand miles since March!

car was in for loss of Google earth overlay software fix/ update yesterday after battling with Audi CS to acknowledge my car was eligible for the update - car is in 4th year warranty so no charge.

Also had the obligatory health check and whilst nothing was flagged on the form - I got the link to the video last night and the Tech makes comment on the rear spring lower mounts, saying they are in poor condition and need replacing.

anyone else had this? I’ve only done 22,5k miles so wear seems excessive
Both sides seem pretty much in the same state - passenger side shock was leaking and replaced under warranty a while
Back.

FFBD1CA4 25FE 49CA BBD7 34846F09F302

If this is the rubber mount then it might be a weak point as one of mine was flagged up when I had it serviced at 17400 miles...

Reactions: Keef
Yeah rubber has perished significantly on both sides - did you have yours replaced?
I’m guessing in won’t be a warranty item

No I didn't have it replaced as the split wasn't considered to be of a serious enough nature and not part of the MOT. As I probably won't be using the car much, as I'm once again confined to working from home, I'm not unduly concerned either...

Reactions: V6_Man and Keef
Final update……possibly!
Ok so a combination of not using my car and strong 2nd hand prices have almost convinced me to sell! @KapB your fault for sowing the seed! :)
I’ve been on the fence for a while and almost bought a brand new Alfa stelvio quadrifoglio, test drive was great fun.

Ive been doing pros & cons but fact is I don’t need a car currently and even when I’m back to the office it will only be 3 days a week, Also the increase equity will help with my house extension project.
Head says sell but heart won’t let go.
Have agreed a good price for my now unicorn spec car and Monday is decision day!

Reactions: KapB and NevMan
Cash is going into my extension!
Don’t really need a car but going to look into leasing something for 2 years
Probably golf or seat Leon estate

Reactions: NevMan
Congrats! Well on the new extension

S4 used prices are through the roof at the moment, a great time to sell!

Ill pm you my bank details for my cut

The cupra brand of cars by seat are great, especially fhe formentor, I’ve seen some great deals!

Reactions: NevMan and Keef
I’m sending you a crisp high five!

I do wonder how long the inflated prices will last? I’m sure global material shortages will balance back out at some point

Reactions: KapB, NevMan and SiPie
I’m sending you a crisp high five!

I do wonder how long the inflated prices will last? I’m sure global material shortages will balance back out at some point
Think B9 S4 (petrol) values will stay higher for a while due to the S4 replacement being diesel. Many seeing this as their last shot to own a good petrol Audi

Reactions: KapB and Keef