Help Please Keeping car in good condition

Dado

Reaction score
Lately I have been riding my motorcycle exclusively and I’m worried keeping the car parked might start mechanical problems.

Should I drive it hard once a week? What do you guys recommend me to do
Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say once a month take it for a 20 mile drive and back, ie 40 miles in total, that will be far better than maybe 5 miles a week, just saying, not suggesting that you would only take it for a 5 mile drive!

My car suffer similar lack of use as my wife has a Polo which makes more sense to use round about town and short journeys.

Reactions: Dado
wouldnt drive it hard once a week if you never drive it in between.. cos then it would be technically only ragged all the time lol above suggestion sounds sensible :)

I'd agree with @rum4mo - no need to drive once a week, better a longer drive less frequently. However once per month may be too infrequent if your battery capacity vs system idle current can't cope.

I'd agree with @rum4mo - no need to drive once a week, better a longer drive less frequently. However once per month may be too infrequent if your battery capacity vs system idle current can't cope.

Yes, I forget that my car gets connected back up to its CTEK charger/tester/conditioner within a day of it being used.

To the OP, if possible do buy yourself a smart charger, and CTEK do make safe smart charger (as will some other manufacturers) - of course that depends on access to power - a must to keep these battery healthy.

Yes, I forget that my car gets connected back up to its CTEK charger/tester/conditioner within a day of it being used.

To the OP, if possible do buy yourself a smart charger, and CTEK do make safe smart charger (as will some other manufacturers) - of course that depends on access to power - a must to keep these battery healthy.

Will do! Thanks this is very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk