Keeping the car clean in bad weather

AndrewW

Reaction score
I’ve been planning on washing the cars today but woke up to this forecast:
7C886C1B 64A3 47AF 89A0 94D032B1DDA4

Does anyone have any tips on keeping the car clean when the weather isn’t good enough for a “full wash”? Or do I just wait until there’s a break in the weather later in the week.

I was thinking the same for my winter quick wash routine.

You could try a 'touchless wash' to try and keep on top of it, pre-wash spray/snow foam/rinse but results are poor and not seen anything working by just doing this method.

Snow foam it ,colder weather means you can let the snow foam dwell longer on the car ...giving the foam a chance to break down the grime more.pointless washing it when it's going to **** down the next day as your wasting your time and detailing products,snow foaming it keeps it reasonably clean till you get a better opportunity/weather
Also a decon of the paint using korrosol or similar then applying a good sealant will make it easier clean in the coming months

Reactions: V6_Man and S32B
Did the korrosol and Gyeon wetcoat a couple of weeks back. So my quick winter wash will now be applying Bilt & Hamber auto foam via a garden pump spray, letting it sit for 5 mins and then jet washing it off and leaving to drip dry. Probably do that 3-4 times over the winter with the 5th being a hand wash if weather is OK.

I really need to get some BH Auto Foam as the one I have currently (KKD Blizzard) isn’t too impressive. their citrus pre-wash is amazing though and easily the best I’ve ever tried, closest thing to a touch less wash I’ve been able to find, my rinse bucket is very rarely dirty after using it.

Thanks for the tips. I’ll hopefully get one more big wash before the winter weather really kicks in and get the paint and wheels waxed, then just some snow-foam / pre-wash maintenance over winter.

I really need to get some BH Auto Foam as the one I have currently (KKD Blizzard) isn’t too impressive. their citrus pre-wash is amazing though and easily the best I’ve ever tried, closest thing to a touch less wash I’ve been able to find, my rinse bucket is very rarely dirty after using it.

Thanks for the tips. I’ll hopefully get one more big wash before the winter weather really kicks in and get the paint and wheels waxed, then just some snow-foam / pre-wash maintenance over winter.
No such thing as a Touch less wash,waterless yes,snowfoam is the closest to a touch less wash

Reactions: V6_Man
I’ve been planning on washing the cars today but woke up to this forecast:
View attachment 191941

Does anyone have any tips on keeping the car clean when the weather isn’t good enough for a “full wash”? Or do I just wait until there’s a break in the weather later in the week.
Andrew I'm just down the road in Teesside and it's also driving me mad, being unable to get the car washed. Managed to do the wife's a3, planned on doing mine but the weather had other ideas.
Not using it much at the moment though as I'm doing alot of cycling to work.

As previously mentioned quick snow foam to blast off most of the dirt and wash when able. Is the best I can say

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Believe we all share the same predicament. I have not been able to wash either of the cars for almost a month. It appears to be clear skies on the weekend (fingers crossed) so, will give them a proper wash and then follow on @jassyo06 's advice.

The weather is absolute shi*te until at least Friday this week.

8f43ffc51d70ed8d25a6c6e1f3a4cae0.jpg

Believe we all share the same predicament. I have not been able to wash either of the cars for almost a month. It appears to be clear skies on the weekend (fingers crossed) so, will give them a proper wash and then follow on @jassyo06 's advice.

The weather is absolute shi*te until at least Friday this week.

8f43ffc51d70ed8d25a6c6e1f3a4cae0.jpg
Dry and Sunny in Scotland though lol but only 4 degrees though

Wash in the rain .
Yup done this ^ before

This is where BSD comes into its own for me. When I return in the car I go round with a watering can which washes all the ****** off. Then into the garage. Hey presto clean(ish) car in the morning

I suppose any high beading product you could do this with

Works for me altho’ my neighbours think I’m mad lol

I just prewash mine with citrus juice, shampoo and then rinse with 0ppm filtered water. Every couple of months a quick wet detailing coating. To me 10c and cloudy is ideal temps...
Dry and Sunny in Scotland though lol but only 4 degrees though
Still ideal for me, I only stop if ice needs to be broken...

I guess nobody has (or uses) a garage to keep their car in...??

I wash mine outside, in light rain if absolutely necessary. Dry with good drying towel, then into garage to wax/polish as per normal. Appreciate space is restrictive unless you have massive garage but works for me.

Living up here, you'd never have a clean car if you waited for a clear day !

Reactions: CHEZ
Mine is always parked up in the garage, but it's been difficult to get it cleaned as it's raining all the time lately

Got a garage but as with most modern(ISH) houses nowhere near big enough to fit my car in let alone have room to polish/wax in there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Got a garage but as with most modern(ISH) houses nowhere near big enough to fit my car in let alone have room to polish/wax in there.

Our garage was built circa 1975 so a little bigger than modern builds but I was still surprised when the S4 fitted with a bit to spare..... although I did have visions of having to exit via the sunroof

Our garage was built circa 1975 so a little bigger than modern builds but I was still surprised when the S4 fitted with a bit to spare..... although I did have visions of having to exit via the sunroof
Can fit my dad's A1 in there with about 20mm clearance around the car and that's about it. My S5 has 0 chance of fitting.

Reactions: V6_Man and SiPie
Yeah unfortunately we have no garage in the current house. I managed to squeeze in quite a detailed wash yesterday after work and weather looks good today so may even get a layer of hard wax on it.

Then as suggested the odd pre-wash/snowfoam maintenance wash whenever the weather allows.

Roll on spring!

Well got up early, checked the weather no rain for a couple of hours

Car out the garage time for a clean

Snow foamed, 2 bucket wash. Quick coat of wax
Only ****** started raining, quickly back in the garage.

2a9ed4754e1934da5103c0e9cbbaaa30.jpg
886810243111ae06d72f57c22f86cc7d.jpg

Reactions: OCDaveS4 and Bristle Hound