Kestrel Das 6 Pro or Meguiars G220 v2

JayP

Reaction score
Guys im thinking of treating myself to a polishing machine. Been looking at either the Kestrel Das-6 Pro or Meguires G220 v2. Has anyone had any experience using either of these machines?

The Das-6 Pro is cheaper so is the G220 worth the extra money?

Thanks in advance for any input.

JayP I lied.Its a Deltayo DAS6 that I have but I quite like it.Its much the same as a kestral.Cant see much differance between the two to justify the price differance, dont forget that the pads are not cheap either.Best to have a dual action first rather than a rotary if you are starting as the rotary can get you into trouble as it is more aggressive in the wrong hands.Its all in the product and technique in any case.I dont bother with detailing anymore as i dont have somewhere covered to do it, and it takes a lot of patience.I get a detailing mate to do it for me as im pretty lazy.Offers still there though if you want to try it

Hi,
I have a shine mate 801 which I bought last summer from cleanyourcar.co.uk for around £80. Brilliant with adjustable speed and relatively light for a dual torque polisher. I looked around for ages at megs and loads other. I actually went to the guys warehouse and looked at them all too. Really helpfull. Glad I bought it easy to use but like mentioned before you need a gentle hand to get used to it. Used it regularly on my old Cupra but only had chance to polish my A4 once cause of the weather. Save loads of time/ pain and leaves a great finish.

No more " wax on wax off"

Out of those 2 machines, I use and prefer the G220...

however, I would rather use a rotary, especially on Audi paint... and although a lot of people moan and shout about them, they are not dangerous, they are not an animal and they are just as easy to pick up and learn as a DA...

If I had my time to start again, I wouldn't waste it on a DA...

:thumb:

I would add that not all rotaries start on the same speeds so it can be hard to jewel and refine for final polishing, which is where it's then useful to have a DA machine.