Keyless entry problem

ama212

Reaction score
Hi,
My keyless entry on driver's door stopped working, i cannot open or close the driver's door, Nothing happens when i slide my hand or touch the button, i need to use the key fob, passenger's door and boot work fine, someone already had this weird problem?
Thanks.

Hi,
My keyless entry on driver's door stopped working, i cannot open or close the driver's door, Nothing happens when i slide my hand or touch the button, i need to use the key fob, passenger's door and boot work fine, someone already had this weird problem?
Thanks.

Possibly sensor in the handle.

Is it doing it every time you go to open the Driver door ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few things to try that are free:

Replace your fob battery (try your second key and see if it works any better).

Have you pressure washed the car, or had particularly cold weather. The keyless handles can get a bit temperamental as they age. Before you do anything else, take a hair dryer and pull the handle open a bit and try heating the inside for a few minutes, see if it comes back.

Also you can try re-syncing your key by locking the car with the fob, unlocking with the metal key within 30 seconds then locking with the fob again.

Reactions: ama212
Thank for your help, I tried with second key fob and still not working, i tried to resync with your method with no luck, the weather is hot where i live but i will try the hair dryer when i can, maybe the sensor is dead :( i must go to someone who has vcds to see if there's an error that i can erase.

I removed the door handle and found a cut wire, repaired it and everything is working again.

Reactions: 8YARWY