Keyless Protector to stop relay thefts

Or he could just buy the new replacement key from ford for half the price which now has the sleep mode built in and ford just launched recently , still a bit of a cheek you have to pay to upgrade a security issue that the manufacturers should be resolving to protect their customers

Reactions: oli356 and RAF_S7
I can't watch that video. I'm not a violent man but something about that bloke makes me want to stove his face in with a cricket bat.

Reactions: Andrew Cruickshank, TYb, Bristle Hound and 7 others
Yep latest tech has the keys going to "sleep" when laid down for 30s or so thus the relay attacks are dead in the water.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Yep latest tech has the keys going to "sleep" when laid down for 30s or so thus the relay attacks are dead in the water.

TX.

Until the thieves figure out a way to wake them up

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Terminator x and D0C
Should have told him he had to pop the key in his pocket and whack himself in the balls twice to activate it

On a serious note it's a good idea. As mentioned ford are now offering it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or just turn off the handles so they don't ask for the key code when touched....

100% free (with VCDS) :friends:

Reactions: GW1, Bristle Hound, deepy and 1 other person
Or just turn off the handles so they don't ask for the key code when touched....

well I recently found lately in the manual that you can disable keyless without any hack!

you have to do this every time you lock the car.. however small price to pay

lock the car with the button on the remote, and touch the door handle within 20secs and your get a confirmation flash ( in my case a beep as I have that switched on)

keyless is now disabled and you will need to unlock the car with the remote button again.. I use this method when im away for work or leaving the car in a public carpark.

#winning

Reactions: Doohie, sve170 and Terminator x
well I recently found lately in the manual that you can disable keyless without any hack!

lock the car with the button on the remote, and touch the door handle within 20secs and your get a confirmation flash ( in my case a beep as I have that switched on)

keyless is now disabled and you will need to unlock the car with the remote button again.. I use this method when im away for work or leaving the car in a public carpark.

#winning

Already knew of that but I couldn’t be ***** with the is it / isn’t it nature of the procedure.

Reactions: zippster
Already knew of that but I couldn’t be ***** with the is it / isn’t it nature of the procedure.

I know what you mean, however I know its locked and disabled as I still check the door handle before I walk away..

thats OCD for you :)

Reactions: GW1, Bristle Hound, Jonny B and 1 other person

On the RS4 you could turn it off from the MMI perhaps to follow on newer A3s.

TX.

On the RS4 you could turn it off from the MMI perhaps to follow on newer A3s.

TX.

****** hell TX you don’t half repeat yourself.....
Record and broken spring to mind.

****** hell TX you don’t half repeat yourself.....
Record and broken spring to mind.
I seem to recall you have mentioned turning off the handles a few times ;)

TX.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Does anyone know if the automatic unlocking when you grab the door handle can be turned off?

Reactions: Sn00ten
I seem to recall you have mentioned turning off the handles a few times ;)

TX.

Yes true but relevant to the RS3

Not the B9 RS4 which is as you rightly point out an MMi based affair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shmee can go **** himself with a cricket bat. Kin’ chode smoking **** nugget. I can’t get past the ‘Hi I’m Shmee...’ OFF you go you ******.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: simonali

That's some funny shizzle right there lol
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

So, has anyone taken the plunge yet?

On the key thingy, that is, not beating the posh dweeb senseless with a bat.

#winning
I've been doing this since I owned the car. Helps me sleep better at night and takes a second to make secure.

Reactions: zippster

#winning

Doesn't work on my car. :(