Kinetix drilled discs + EBC Redstuff

Arkious

Hello guys,

Looking at these discs to replace the my OEM rear discs;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251634024757?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

They are 310mm x 22mm which I believe to be the same as OEM but cant find the offset size, but as they fit the S3 id assume they would fit the RS3. I like them as the drill pattern matches the front discs and as I have brand new discs on the front, id like to take the opportunity to fit the new discs to the rear when I fit the EBC's.

So... my questions are, will they fit and are they any good as a disc in general?

Cheers :)

JayA3sline

VCDS Map User
MTEC drilled discs fit the RS3 and have a special coating to prevent rust. I have them on mine
14150cc77cdd8407073c04768940d491.jpg

Arkious

Cheers, will take a look at those also

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
BLUEY's on MTEC and Redstuff, Jay, since January 2105 and the discs have stayed rust free:

MTEC REDSTUFF #0.JPG MTEC REDSTUFF #1.JPG MTEC REDSTUFF #2.JPG

Redstuff front and rear of course :yahoo:

Arkious

winner... Wheres best to buy them then :D?

Arkious

I can only find drilled and grooved lol

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
DOH! thanks :D

When you speak with MTEC make sure you specify handed (drilled hole pattern) discs to match your STD fronts; double check the front discs jay and you'll find the holes are the same left and right: MTEC know this as I spent a lot of time talking to 'em.

Arkious

Now that I know they don't go the right way, its going to annoy me like the rotor wheels do haha!

But thanks for letting me know, I called them to double check and they have put a note on my account. Cant wait to finally get the redstuff on, sick of black wheels and squeal at low speed lol

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
Now that I know they don't go the right way, its going to annoy me like the rotor wheels do haha!

But thanks for letting me know, I called them to double check and they have put a note on my account. Cant wait to finally get the redstuff on, sick of black wheels and squeal at low speed lol

AND you'll be needing a short M14 spline x 1/2" drive bit, and a short wobble bar, to access the caliper support bracket; plus a piston wind back tool; otherwise straight forward: just sayin'

Arkious

AND you'll be needing a short M14 spline x 1/2" drive bit, and a short wobble bar, to access the caliper support bracket; plus a piston wind back tool; otherwise straight forward: just sayin'

Tick Tick

IMG_2243.JPG

Arkious

pads and discs turned up today... and they put the wrong wrong disc type in after I asked them not too!

quick phone call and they are sending a replacement LHS disc so that the pattern matches both sides :)

45bvtc

Supporter
Gold Supporter
pads and discs turned up today... and they put the wrong wrong disc type in after I asked them not too!

quick phone call and they are sending a replacement LHS disc so that the pattern matches both sides :)

4842.gif
Jay but it'll soon be sorted. Make sure you've a decent size breaker bar as them caliper mounting plate bolts are way tight; and again I needed a short wobble-bar to get full location in the bolt - upper or lower I can't remember but one of 'em for sure.

Arkious

Yeah im going to give my mate a call to give me a hand, he has a better socket set than I do, plus an extra pair of hands cant go a miss :)

Unless they arrive on time it wont be this weekend they are going on now :(