Kufatec Sound Booster

The_Golfather

Reaction score
Anyone care to share their experiences of this?

I wouldn't mind trying it out on my A6 if you've had enough of yours ;)

It's quite a good bit of kit, lets you tinker with the sound effects and volume at different speeds. Mine is on 'uneven idle' so it sounds 'a bit' like a big scooby on tick over :) I've got it set pretty quiet though, at it's loudest it sounds ridiculous.

Nightmare trying to explain what it is to the insurance company though.

Reactions: The_Golfather
Seen the vids on YouTube and it’s impressive with the 6 modes and customization available. Got to be worth a tinker

I've just stumbled across this, I knew they existed but didn't realise how fun they look/sound. As I left one of the cats in after my EGR/DPF delete and remap I have the power just missing the sound. trying to find a second hand one as new they are pretty pricey. Any luck with finding one? Will you get two for the duel exhaust?

I already have the sound actuator boxes fitted from factory as it’s a BiTDi so a couple of connectors and a loom installed in-line with the module was all I needed.

Plug n play, 5 minutes. App gives good control with the ability to configure sound at various points. Out of the box the 6 options are fine although I’ll never use 3 of them.

Kits are available that include the boxes and module for around £1k.

I have seen the full kits online, just a bit pricey at £1000. I'll have to keep a look out for a used kit or at least the boxes. Would be a nice mod like I said I've got the power now just need the sound

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: The_Golfather
Anyone care to share their experiences of this?

I wouldn't mind trying it out on my A6 if you've had enough of yours ;)

Review after around 2 years having one fitted?

I drive around with it switched off 90% of the time, it probably a good thing I can switch it off! Lol

I have mine on setting 5, because there’s no way I’m passing my A6 as an R8 in setting 6! Haha. I guess you could say the novelty wears off eventually, depending on the type of driver you are, and what you like in life? I’m over 40 now, and though a boy racer at heart, I’m also a 40+ year old family man.

Let’s get to the actual device and sound first, is it value for money? It’s a bit expensive for a plug in module, but there isn’t really a huge market for the device, and I don’t know how much R&D has gone into it, plus I’ve never really used the ‘download and modify the sound function’, but I think the price is justified. Better to order it off eBay.de than a uk supplier, As it works out cheaper. Sound limitations... you need to get your head around the idea that the sound is generated by a speaker in your back box, so it’s artificial of course, and sounds good at the lower and mid ends of the rev range, but pushing on to the top half of the rev range, the speaker basically can’t get any louder to a point, even though it’s generating the sound at a faster frequency to mimic you revving it out. Obviously with it being an auto, it will shift up anyways, unless you drive the car manually with the paddles. Not a big deal m but I guess having driven an RS6 and RS7, you want more!

Does it do what it says on the tin? Absolutely yes! I’ve shocked quite a few people, and even some of my customers thinks it’s an RS6! Lol(best part of having the device fitted!). It’s mainly positive responses from people whose interested in ‘what’s under the bonnet?’ and ‘I bet that’s fast?’ comments as I’m driving around car parks in ‘sports’ mode, so it stays in 2nd gear as I’m looking for a space.

So why does it stay off most of the time on my car? I live on a relatively quiet road surrounded by OAPs, and I finish work at 11pm most evenings, so it’s not ideal to have it rumbling away at those hours and wake them up. On long distance trips, it’s a bit of a drone, so silence is better.

I would still recommend buying one if you crave that V8 sound you’ve always hankered for, it takes literally 5 minutes to install, and you can switch it off from the MMI inside the car.

Reactions: OolongA7, akk_0091, desertstorm and 2 others
I think you may just have sold it to me @jojo great review, much appreciated

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: jojo
Sorry to drag this thread up after such a long time but has anyone had a remap with one of these fitted and did it affect the operation of the sound booster.
I'm looking at an A6 BiTDi which I'll probably remap, I'm also looking at an A4 3.0 TDi V6 which would need the whole kit installing.
The main reason I ask I have a friend who owned an M5 which pipes engine sound into the cabin via the speakers, however, after an engine rebuild, the sound timings never quite matched car. You would feel a gear change and the speakers would register the change a split second after.

Sorry to drag this thread up after such a long time but has anyone had a remap with one of these fitted and did it affect the operation of the sound booster.
I'm looking at an A6 BiTDi which I'll probably remap, I'm also looking at an A4 3.0 TDi V6 which would need the whole kit installing.
The main reason I ask I have a friend who owned an M5 which pipes engine sound into the cabin via the speakers, however, after an engine rebuild, the sound timings never quite matched car. You would feel a gear change and the speakers would register the change a split second after.
I’m running a sound booster and have a remap, doesn’t effect a thing really, the sound is only effected by the Rev counter, everyone that hears it thinks it’s a V8. Lol

The sound just plays out of the exhaust doesn't it and not 'into' the cabin at all?

I've just got a second hand one so will be fitting it when the car has a new turbo and back on the road, it will be mapped up too.

Sorry - I'm dragging this one up again now! I'm looking at getting this kit on my Q7 4M - is only one sounder going to sound ok? Or do you ideally need 2 - one for each exit? I'm just worries that from behind it might sound a but one-sided! Glad to hear from anyone who has had 1 installed on a dual exit car.