KWIK FIT OIL CHANGED £54, THAT CAN'T BE RIGHT.

jakeA42T

Reaction score
Well i'm all ready to hand over a tonne for a oil changed and Kwik Fit want a Bullseye, I'm always after a bargin but 50% cheaper than anywhere else I've called.

A4 2.0T fsi S line FWD

(I'm a clumsy git so scared of making a mess doing it myself):blink:

^^^^ as above id never let kwik fit near my car personally over priced monkeys with tyre leavers not spanners £54 for an oil cahange F**k me!! and thas half price u said??? would love to know what was included for them to justify the £100 mark up

they prob use cheapo 10w 40 they have in a 45 gallon drum for around a £1 a litre and the cheapest pattern part filter out there
if ur ever in south wales id over to do it for you anything not to let them muppets loose on it lol

The strap line you can't get sh1tter than a kwikfit fitter wasn't invented for no good reason, they once left a wheel bolts untightened on my Golf and I've never used them since, cack.

i wouldnt even **** on idiots fit floor
and whos chargeing you 100 for the oil an filter change ?

Bexley Audi and also AmD essex quoted £100+, I'll probably just end up doing it myself it's going in for a ecu and DV change so I thought while its lifted why not, then I thought of a 100 reason not to.

My local audi stealer charges about £80 for the oil (including the environmental charge for disposal - e.g. tipping it down the drain), so that's bound to be double what it's actually worth, so say £40 for some approved oil. Add a filter (£10 at a wild guess) and your up to £50.

Now granted, Kwik Fit's labour is worth about £4 an hour, but I guess they're charging £50 for labour, £3.50 for recycled chip fat and £0.50 to tap out the content of your old oil filter and refit it!

Sir Thomas "Tom" Farmer, CVO, CBE, KCSG, FRSE, DL used to own Sh1t Fit before selling it to Ford for a billion quid back in 1999. It operates in 18 countries with over 2000 branches. Considering he's such a highly honoured man including a knighthood from the Queen and holds the highest recognised position a layman can hold from Catholic church (Knight Commander of the Star) it just proves you don't need a good business idea to make a killing!

Sir Thomas "Tom" Farmer, CVO, CBE, KCSG, FRSE, DL used to own Sh1t Fit before selling it to Ford for a billion quid back in 1999. It operates in 18 countries with over 2000 branches. Considering he's such a highly honoured man including a knighthood from the Queen and holds the highest recognised position a layman can hold from Catholic church (Knight Commander of the Star) it just proves you don't need a good business idea to make a killing!

Who's to say it wasn't a good business idea when he started it?

Who's to say it wasn't a good business idea when he started it?

It might have been on paper, but it was the execution that was left wanting!

Very much like Alan Sugar who made his millions out of selling sh1t products.

And Ronald McDonald.... actually that's harsh, the ice creams are ok?

Reactions: jakeA42T
LOL! I have to admit I've never used kwikfit, but surely there are good and bad ones, they are not all crap! More to the point though, an oil and filter change is the basic requirement of any mechanic, it's almost impossible to get this wrong, even I can do it on all my cars having had no previous experience, so is there really something to worry about here?

Of course, under the current climate, I can see a lot of joe public going for the £54 oil and filter change, it's just simply a bargain and convenient to those that just haven't got a clue.

Just my 2p's worth.

Well I did get a tyre change a few years back on a old focus, a few weeks later took it back to Kwikfit for a MOT which it failed, what for I hear you ask, rear nearside tyre fitted by Kwikfit was wrong size. I suppose I should have double checked but also should have pointed out it's a car not a fecking tractor.

I did call again to ask about the filter, the reply was "The filter comes in a box but they use Mobil 1 5w40".:applaus:

I was pretty pleased when it got some tyres fitted at Kwik-Fit on Gloucester Road in Bristol (Filton). They didn't mark my alloys and called when the car was ready. They also had trouble getting my locking wheel nuts off as the key was distorted (probably from using an impact gun to tighten them up). I had spotted this before when I tried, and failed, to remove the wheels previously. I brought the car back a few days later with a new set of locking nuts and they swapped them over right then free of charge.

£54 wouldn't even cover the cost of the oil for my engine, at least not at retail prices. It takes 8 litres of oil, if I remember correctly. I had a look on the Kwikfit webiste out of curiosity to see if it provides online quotes, but it doesn't.

8L ouch thats a big kick in the nuts if your running premium oil
agree the £54 aint too bad still steep but the origional £100 price was taking the p1ss in my opinion

Just looked at my service invoice from earlier this year. It's actually 8.2 litres, and that amount of Millers XF Longlife C3 5W/30 fully synthetic at £8.50 per litre (+VAT) came to £87.13.

National.co.uk do an oil and filter change for even less (about £35) using castrol edge oil

You can provide them with an OEM filter if you wanted

Just looked at my service invoice from earlier this year. It's actually 8.2 litres, and that amount of Millers XF Longlife C3 5W/30 fully synthetic at £8.50 per litre (+VAT) came to £87.13.

ouch glad i get mine from TPS and am able to do the work myself didnt realise how much i was saving myself woo hoo go me lol

National.co.uk do an oil and filter change for even less (about £35) using castrol edge oil

You can provide them with an OEM filter if you wanted

tha sounds good very reasonable never used national so cant comment on there work

Just knowing its done correctly and using the correct materials make the Audi dealers cost worth it to me. Also I keep every receipt so once I come to sell the car the new owner gets a box full of proof of how well I have treated my car.

I will say that I know the guys in my local kakfit.

To be fair to them, they are always helpful, seem to know their stuff. Never had an issue really, but not had anything major done.

As said, there are good ones an bad ones. I guess I've just struck lucky

Just knowing its done correctly and using the correct materials make the Audi dealers cost worth it to me. Also I keep every receipt so once I come to sell the car the new owner gets a box full of proof of how well I have treated my car.

That's a bit of a leap of faith, isn't it?

@ JDP1962, Even if it isn't, its guarenteed by the dealer if it goes wrong. Which car would you rather buy, one with lots of main dealer receipts or one with lots of other garage receipts?
I look after my car as its a major investment, I want to try and keep as much value as I can.

I take your point entirely, but there is enough evidence - direct as well as anecdotal - to suggest that main dealer work is no more likely to have been carried out correctly than work done by independent garages (please note I'm not referring to Kwik-fit or the like here).

I suppose it's like every occupation , some folk take a real pride in their work and this is reflected in the care & investigation they impart on your vehicle

What I was suprised by when I traded in this time was how little a full dealer service history (inc. all Audi MoT's) actually added to my car. You could almost argue that I may have lost no more than a grand in value over 4.5 years if I'd serviced independtly, but may have made that money back through cheaper bills. It's just another way the main dealer network frig the system to their own ends.

What I was suprised by when I traded in this time was how little a full dealer service history (inc. all Audi MoT's) actually added to my car. You could almost argue that I may have lost no more than a grand in value over 4.5 years if I'd serviced independtly, but may have made that money back through cheaper bills. It's just another way the main dealer network frig the system to their own ends.

I have had similar experiences with my three previous A4s. None of them was worth noticeably less on trade-in with a fully documented non-Audi dealer service history than it would have been with a fully-documented Audi dealer history.

I do my own oil changes using genuine filters and recommended oils,usually costs about £85 for materials.Hardest part for me is removing and replacing the undertray with the car on ramps.

Not sure if this is useful to anyone,
but I was searching around for suitable oil for soon to happen change and found that Asda (yes thats right!! I couldn't believe it either) are currently doing Castrol Edge 5W 30 for £35 for 4 litres if you buy online. But you can collect it at your local store for no extra delivery charge, or its something like £2.50 for home delivery!
If anyone knows where I can get VW507 suitable oil cheaper, please let me know! As the 2.7 TDI takes 8+ on a full change!!
Thanks
Sam