RSQ3 Kyalami Green RSQ3 - Coming soon

You wont lose that in a car park! Hope you had a good collection and pleasurable drive back!

Reactions: BarryG79, NevMan and firecracker69
You wont lose that in a car park! Hope you had a good collection and pleasurable drive back!

Haha.... you know if I could change anything, honestly it would be the colour. However, at the same time people seem to love it and I've received a good few comments in car parks and at the hotel I'm currently in. I'm sure it's not for everyone though!

So far so good, looking forward to driving the rest of my way home tomorrow.

Reactions: isleaiw
Haha.... you know if I could change anything, honestly it would be the colour. However, at the same time people seem to love it and I've received a good few comments in car parks and at the hotel I'm currently in. I'm sure it's not for everyone though!

Too many dull colours around now, i vowed this time no greys, blacks or dark blues. It might not seem it but white with black wheels is radical for me, and i love the looks of yours.

Enjoy hotel, i imagine its very quiet... and enjoy journey home!

Reactions: NevMan and firecracker69
Too many dull colours around now, i vowed this time no greys, blacks or dark blues. It might not seem it but white with black wheels is radical for me, and i love the looks of yours.

Enjoy hotel, i imagine its very quiet... and enjoy journey home!

My RS5 was white, loved it!!

To be fair, on the inside you don't really see it anyway lol.... but I do like, its just a bit out there! Not bad to be different.

Mate, I live in hotels each week so used to it now, just less to look at nowadays thats all! Lololol

Reactions: NevMan
My RS5 was white, loved it!!

To be fair, on the inside you don't really see it anyway lol.... but I do like, its just a bit out there! Not bad to be different.

Mate, I live in hotels each week so used to it now, just less to look at nowadays thats all! Lololol

I might have seen pics of your RS5 earlier when I should have been working but was looking for stuff to keep me going until Monday!

Hotels are my line of work (although I am at head office) so I am acutely aware of how few people are actually in them currently - especially in London where ours are predominantly.... Rates are rubbish as well so low occupancy and crap rates is a tough time.... good for customers though, lots of upgrades for your cheap cost and the tourist attractions are not busy so great time to come to London...

There endeth the sales pitch! well except to say friends and family rates for fellow petrol heads!

Reactions: firecracker69 and NevMan

It’s gorgeous and exactly how I’d have mine when I’m ready to order..

Incidentally my mum had a green VW scirocco when they relaunched those back in 09, she had people stop her all the time to compliment it and the colour.

Green definitely stands out from the boring greys..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Initial impressions:

Its heavy. I noticed when I first pulled away it felt like it needed extra revving to get it moving, but then again coming from non SUV perhaps this is normal. Also it was in auto mode so not overly responsive.

There is quite a delay on throttle response, and not just a little, its actually quite big and surprising. This delay reminds me of my S5, but moving to the RS5 solved that issue, but not in the RSQ3.
However, you can drive around this by putting everything in RS dynamic or stick into manual and shift change yourself keeping the revs a bit higher.

It is dead comfy, I mean this is a motorway eater and in comfort I averaged 31mpg.
It has all the toys so played a little.

Now what you want to hear......
Dynamic, instantly this thing turns into a beast. The note changes, it becomes loud, and it shifts! I was coming through some tunnels in Birmingham and obviously opened it up (within speed limit of course) and ****** hell it echoed!

I noticed unlike the RS5 the back on this drops when accelerating which surprised me for a quattro? Almost felt rear bias which is opposite to them being front wheel bias?

It gets a lot of looks!! People slowing down on the motorway to get level and pearing in, felt weird, but then again its a unique car and colour! Lol

Thats it so far, not much more to add. What is obvious is you can drive this like any other normal car, numb it all down including sound and despite the colour stay under the radar. But when opened up you can quickly turn this into the hulk and unleash!

Glad you have it at last, looks lovely too.

With regard to the feeling of rear wheel drive - yes this is a Haldex drive train, by default they are normally front wheel drive train unless the car detects that the front wheels are about to start rotating faster than the rears - its about a quarter of a wheel revolution so very fast, if that happens then the electro-hydraulic clutch in the Haldex in front of the rear diff wakes up and AWD is delivered.

In the RS1/RS2 modes in Drive Select we have the option to control how active the Haldex is and I've noticed too that there is a considerable shove from the rear when it's on the top setting.

F3 RSQ3 are rare, I went up into Solihull this morning - Porsche country and 2x Macans on separate occasions followed, drew alongside, pulled in front - with one front seat passenger taking pictures. To my mind they look better than a Macan too.

Enjoy.

Initial impressions:

Its heavy. I noticed when I first pulled away it felt like it needed extra revving to get it moving, but then again coming from non SUV perhaps this is normal. Also it was in auto mode so not overly responsive.

There is quite a delay on throttle response, and not just a little, its actually quite big and surprising. This delay reminds me of my S5, but moving to the RS5 solved that issue, but not in the RSQ3.
However, you can drive around this by putting everything in RS dynamic or stick into manual and shift change yourself keeping the revs a bit higher.

It is dead comfy, I mean this is a motorway eater and in comfort I averaged 31mpg.
It has all the toys so played a little.

Now what you want to hear......
Dynamic, instantly this thing turns into a beast. The note changes, it becomes loud, and it shifts! I was coming through some tunnels in Birmingham and obviously opened it up (within speed limit of course) and ****** hell it echoed!

I noticed unlike the RS5 the back on this drops when accelerating which surprised me for a quattro? Almost felt rear bias which is opposite to them being front wheel bias?

It gets a lot of looks!! People slowing down on the motorway to get level and pearing in, felt weird, but then again its a unique car and colour! Lol

Thats it so far, not much more to add. What is obvious is you can drive this like any other normal car, numb it all down including sound and despite the colour stay under the radar. But when opened up you can quickly turn this into the hulk and unleash!

Congrats mate, looks awesome

Reactions: firecracker69
Looks great:thumbs up:

Everyone should have a bit of green in their life, dull days are a thing of the past lol!

20201027 122220 copy 2268x3024

Reactions: TDI-line, 45bvtc, isleaiw and 4 others