Lack of exhaust choice for a4 ??

andyccr

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet
Reaction score
Looking for an exhaust for my cabriolet and there seems no choice except for Milltek ???? I know a lot of guys buy Blueflame (A load of the Octy vRS guys use these).

Please don't suggest anyone like Powerflow unless you have a PROVEN install centre - as I've seen some right bodge work from so called Powerflow dealers.

Any help would be great.

Perhaps anyone up for a group buy ????

Andy

I wouldnt go to power-flow mate they just bodge bits of pre-bent pipe together and hope it fits!!!!

ive had 7 custom exhausts and manifolds made by 2 guys called stew and ali at AAS (advanced automotice systems) up here in newcastle, for my 2 clios, my 2 audis and my race car,there work is supurb and there prices are resonable.....still cheaper than a bolt on!! but they use top grade stainless- provide a no quibble guarentee- and they are really down to earth chaps- knew them for years now and would go any where else.

I went for the Powerflow for mine, Cost me £350 from here in Leicester (My tyre) and I got to admit they did a spot on job with mine, Only thing is I dont like the sound anymore, its too deep to be honest. Wish Id gone for Quieter Boxes. Its not mega loud but just sometimes does my head in.
Think Ill be changing soon anyway.

There is another place Jeff Fowkes which fit them and they fit to good standards too. The guy who did mine from Mr tyre has been doing it for years and does some impressive fitments I got to say.

Miltek for me next I reckon.No rush though.

Yeh the Milltek is calling, but the £600 price aint !!!!!!!

Any suppliers offering a discount on them ??

£600??? Is that for the 2 back boxes and Mid section??

I've notice the lack of choice too, I've been looking for a decent exhaust and supplier in the South East but no one seems to offer anything at a reasonable price.

I'm taking a cat back Milltek off my A4 hopefully next week.Its listed to fit a 1.8t FWD not quattro.Less than 1 year old with receipt for £600 and lifetime guarantee.
Heres a pic next to the standard one.
milltek.jpg

PM me if your interested.

I had a miltek on my mk4 1.8T golf and I found it sounded nice on startup and also on idle but once it got warm it was far too boomey on the motorway and gave me a headache after a while.

I have also had Jetex exhausts on other VAG cars and they are quiet look the part and sound very subbtle in a nice non boyracer way.

http://www.jetex.co.uk/

GFORCE said:
I had a miltek on my mk4 1.8T golf and I found it sounded nice on startup and also on idle but once it got warm it was far too boomey on the motorway and gave me a headache after a while.
Thats unusual,most people say that they are too quiet.Ive got a milltek turbo back on my golf 1.8t and it sounds exactly like you desrcibed on start up and idle but is really quiet on the motorway.
Did you get the centre box or straight pipe?

james0808 said:
Thats unusual,most people say that they are too quiet.Ive got a milltek turbo back on my golf 1.8t and it sounds exactly like you desrcibed on start up and idle but is really quiet on the motorway.
Did you get the centre box or straight pipe?

I had the centre box also but I don't know why it was so boomey. A lot of people on the UKMK4 Golf forurm also had the same.

DSC01048.jpg

Alot of people had problems with rattles on the MK4 Golf with Millteks too,mine has been perfect.Will be buying one for my next car.

Yes the build quality of Miltek was excellent I would get another just seem to think mine was loud but then I was running 200BHP with Upsolute chip with a Carbinio Carbon Cold Air feed with huge Air Filter !

GFORCE said:
Yes the build quality of Miltek was excellent I would get another just seem to think mine was loud but then I was running 200BHP with Upsolute chip with a Carbinio Carbon Cold Air feed with huge Air Filter !
Exactly the same here.Did simon do your car?

yes and what a top fella he was too. Simon from CCCTech. got it in a group buy for £250 all in. He played around with some settings for me on VAG COM like auto lock doors, bleep when alarm is set etc.

Just waiting to free some cash to get my Cabriolet done now.

Free cash owning a cabriolet...... hmm my money pot is constantly being emptied

Andy

andyccr said:
Free cash owning a cabriolet...... hmm my money pot is constantly being emptied

Andy

Andy, tell me about it, mine is back @ the Stealership tomorrow to sort a few problems out.

Well maybe the credit card might suddenly jump out my wallet and land in my hand :yes:

GFORCE said:
yes and what a top fella he was too. Simon from CCCTech. got it in a group buy for £250 all in. He played around with some settings for me on VAG COM like auto lock doors, bleep when alarm is set etc.
He did that on mine too.Didnt even know it could do that.£250 is cheap i paid £300,many years ago, but it was money well spent.He took me for a blast in his leon TDi,i was very surprised how fast that thing was.Bet you cant wait to get your cab done.

Simon done my Passat, its still a rocket to this day, he himself was suprised how well it responded to the chip