Lack of power

CHARGED UP

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new and glad to join your website, I've just bought a audi s3 2001 (Y) and noticed the car is very underpowered it feels like i have no turbo power at all I've tried disconnecting the maf sensor and it seems to be the same??? also it seems to be very heavy on petrol im getting average of 22mpg going very steady on a run but someone mentioned it could be the actuator??? I've just ordered a new dump valve and induction kit but need to sort this lack of power first. Hope someone can help me because i really like the car and need to sort this problem out asap
:shrug:
Thank You :)

the same sort of thing is happening with mine you drive it for about ten minutes and then just looses power and seems as though its not boosting and the dump valve doesnt dump properly, im not sure of the cause of this but if you switch it of and back on it solves it some how? any ideas?

could be a number of things, first thing to do is take the top engine cover off and check every hose for holes, get a torch to look down the front of the engine.... then you can start picking things off, DV is easy to check..... etc etc...

theres no point in looking at anything until you have searched the things that can be checked without having to purchase a new item..... also recommended to Vagcom it if you have a laptop and able to purchase a £10 lead off ebay....

get it vag'd, check the pipes, check the DV by removing it and flacing your thumb on the top hole and pressing the piston in the bottom, if the piston falls back down without any suction on your thumb then the DV is potentially fecked.... report back when ya've done this if i were you - we can sit here mentioning bits all day long

First port of call for any engine problems has to be a diagnostics scan to see if it throws any DTC's up, then work your way through the common problems as mentioned above.

Hi and thanks for the quick reply I've just replaced the stock standard dv for a brand new forge one and its still the same also its been on the vag diagnostic machine and it comes up with no faults. When im driving its seems to release no turbo pressure through the new dump valve also ive noticed today the passenger intercooler pipe was loose but if sorted that now and has done no different to the car. Ive checked all pipe work and everything looks ok also when i rev the car i can see the actuator moving!!!!!

Thanks