Facelift Lack of USB ports

Good news - I've got the original pins out the plug now, with some very thin tweezers and lots of wriggling and pulling...

I'm all for retrofit, but wouldn't this be a much easier OEM option while keeping the 12V port? Or just any adapter from Amazon...

Original Audi USB Ladeadapter dual Universeller Ladeadapter 8X0051443  57

I'm all for retrofit, but wouldn't this be a much easier OEM option while keeping the 12V port? Or just any adapter from Amazon...

View attachment 163097
View attachment 163098

Personally I've had endless ones of these fail .... they get lost or taken or kicked in that position. Maybe I just making excuses I like making things =)

Also not every car has a 12v socket in this position !

Hello I am planning to retrofit 12v Socket on my 2013 A3 Sportback.
I have bought below part number.
8V0819203
8V0819203

Was wondering if anyone can help me with wiring.
I am thinking to get "LINK" and take power from front Cigarette lighter
I am planning:

2 x 4G0 919 321 - Male 3 Pin plug​

1 x 4G0 919 321 A - Female 3 Pin Plug​

will this be ok ? I am more than happy to buy Original wiring if someone knows part code for that.
Thank you

The 12V adaptor is a cleaner option as you can get dual USB-C / USB-A version for around a tenner. Other point is that the voltage will always be supplied to the 12/5V converter on the pins when running, whereas the adaptor uses non when not in use, as it will be on either a low power mode or removed from the socket

The 12V adaptor is a cleaner option as you can get dual USB-C / USB-A version for around a tenner. Other point is that the voltage will always be supplied to the 12/5V converter on the pins when running, whereas the adaptor uses non when not in use, as it will be on either a low power mode or removed from the socket

I am interested in adding a 12V socket itself.
Many good quality 12V adaptors have dual sockets and obviously allows me to have USB-C/A
My main ask was where shall i take power source from?
I mean shall i just piggy back from the main 12v using male and female connectors?
Or there is a OEM wiring for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went with the ‘cigarette lighter’ 12v to twin USB adapters. The Belkin ones stopped providing power during start/stop as core voltage dropped but the RAVpower ones were fine. Just get a decent brand as the cheapo ones often don’t have noise suppression circuitry and can kill DAB reception.