Lamin-X on sprint blue

J

jamiekip

So I quickly put this on whilst at Regal (I say quickly and I say 'I', what I mean is Dan!!!)

What do you think???

Half and Half:

P1020167.jpg

Finished:

P1020178.jpg

Personally Jamie I think its rubbish, ruins your car totally.

Just messing with yer, lol, its does look alot better TBH, makes it look more rude on the road I think, nice job (DAN)

Moderators note: Can you watch you language please.

Cheers guys - Rabbit - this was all your fault :haha:
In all honesty, I'm still in two minds, but will see if it grows on me. I was like this when I did the suspension too though.... wasn't sure if I liked the look originally, and now I love it!

God that 2nd image Jamie reminds me of a place up in town where one of my old clients used to be, flashback, that'll be the drugs, somewhere of the A3

Hmm, not 100% on that, although I'd imagine that it looks better in the flesh :happy:. Personally, I prefer those rather nice rear lights that you have :drool:!!!

Phil

looks MUCH better, and IMO you would be a fool to take it off!!!

We'll see - they look great in light, but almost blacked out in poor light.
Don't think the fact the interal of the light unit are darker on the S3.
Might be a grower...

We'll see - they look great in light, but almost blacked out in poor light.
Don't think the fact the interal of the light unit are darker on the S3.
Might be a grower...

The amount of times I've heard women say that to me...

I like it in the 1st pic as you can see the internals of the light and makes it look like its the insides that have been tinted rather than the cover.

2nd pic you cant really see the internals of the light anymore so not too keen on it.

That's what I mean about the light conditions Matt... sometimes looks really good, sometimes not so..... If they had a lighter tint version I'd bite their arm off.....

Looks great Jamie. As you say, it'll be a grower. I was unsure about mine at first, like you, I thought it looked a bit too dark at times, but everyone always comments on how good it looks, so they've eventually convinced me.

My test is whether or not my girlfriend notices.... time will tell!

looks good jamie. did you do the fogs too? they don't look to have been done.

I couldn't work out how to get the grills off to get access to the fogs Marc.... I thought I was going to break them.... so left them out for now.

My test is whether or not my girlfriend notices.... time will tell!

She'll come in tomorrow & say "your headlights were dirty so I cleaned them up, now you can see much clearer with them, damn it took ages to scrub the dirt of" lol

I couldn't work out how to get the grills off to get access to the fogs Marc.... I thought I was going to break them.... so left them out for now.

think it is just requires brute force. the only problem I found with removing mine was that they didn't go back in properly on the inside edge. Seems like a design flaw because if you push too hard you end up pushing the back of it off. the fogs will help to finish off the look of the front in my view.

Look good - which version of lamin x did you go for gunsmoke or tint ? Seriously thinking of getting some for mine but unsure as to which one

Richard

I very much doubt it from the states I'm afraid mate.
Mine took about 2 weeks to get here... Dan's been waiting nearly 3 weeks for his on his R32.

I think they suit, the size/shape/shade compliment the shape/size of the fog surrounds. Nicely balanced.

Class Jamie, does look well

I did my fogs yesterday and looks good IMO

You need Optics pack ;)

I dunno. Never been a fan of the darkening of a light as it doesnt seem to make sense from a safety p.o.v? I accept that these aren't you chavboy tinted lights tho... which are the ones that when your following someone over the pennines you cant tell if they are braking or not due to their lights being soooo tinted.

I guess I'll wait and see next weekend! ;)

Anyway, any ibis ones?

Nice.

Is that place legal?

I'm guessing that was a typo Paul and you were asking about the 'plate'?
If so, it's a special covert import plate, all saftey camera's end up taking a shot a swirl, but to the naked eye it's normal.... :whistle2:
Or could be a clever little tool in photoshop..... :blush:

I dunno. Never been a fan of the darkening of a light as it doesnt seem to make sense from a safety p.o.v? I accept that these aren't you chavboy tinted lights tho... which are the ones that when your following someone over the pennines you cant tell if they are braking or not due to their lights being soooo tinted.

I guess I'll wait and see next weekend! ;)

Anyway, any ibis ones?

In all honesty I was worried about the saftey aspect to mate, though MarcQ, jonnyC, rabbit all said that light levels are not impacted..... they are right too! I've not seen light levels drop in the dark.

I'm still 50:50 on them in honesty, I just think the front of my car maybe looks better without... seems a bit of a mish mash of tint, chrome and silver.... we'll see.

I think white cars arguably look best with the lamin-x, especially if you have the black optics grill.

Here's Jonny...

IMG_5427.jpg

It costs about £30 to get teh kit from the states... cheapest mod on my car to date, so has to be worth a look right????

J

yeah, its harder to see on jonnys... maybe its just the sprint... either way.. will check it out soon. ;)

Is it a spray?

It's a film mate - so protects the lights too.
The stuff is very light sensitive, some times it looks mega dark, sometimes not so.... You'll see on both mine and Jonny's cars next week....

i think it looks great jamie, gives it a real agressive look...

I think with your black BBC CH's it would look even better :haha:
Good to meet you mate.
I though Jamal's TT looked pretty special too... those Bentley rims looked the biz!

thanks mate but ur right bbs ch what look pure evil on ur car now mate...
oh yeh jamals car does look nice but we both were surprised with the results he got...:uhm:

Jamie car looks great with the Lamin-X on
Must say i do like the sprint blue great colour stands out loads.
Saw s3 same colour as yours earlier and just stood out from every other car. Any next mods in mind jam?

Looks good to me Jamie. A lot meaner! As you mentioned, the tint varies a lot depending on the daylight at the time. When I put mine on I noticed the tint can go from one extreme to another - very dark to almost unnoticeable. Live with it for a while, I'm sure you'll get used to it.

I've just done my fog lights after leaving them for a few weeks for the same reason as you, thought I'd break the grills. Turns out you just need to give them a good tug. They're clipped in place and go back fine. I'll show you at Castle Combe if you still haven't attempted it by them.

In that case I may bring the kit with me and a water sprayer - If I can get the grill off and get it applied happy days.
Thanks for that mate appreciated.

Jamie car looks great with the Lamin-X on
Must say i do like the sprint blue great colour stands out loads.
Saw s3 same colour as yours earlier and just stood out from every other car. Any next mods in mind jam?

Thanks mate.
No more mod's in mind... though I keep saying that and something else keeps popping up!