Lamp Malfunction warning light

redspudder

Sparky
Reaction score
Hi All

When i started the car this morning i got a warning light on the Dash saying lamp malfunction and the lamp with a cross through it symbol,i got out and checked my lights and all seemed fine?i have never had this light on before even when i changed my number plate lamps for LED,(when i took them out i took one out switched lights on to see if the display worked just to test it but i got nothing but thats another story)anyway i drove to work stopped the car and re-started and then there was no lamp malfunction warning this time it seems to have dissapeared i then pressed the check button on the dash and it went through its sequence of battery oil lamps ect and nothing stayed on any ideas???

Never seen the warning on mine but I think the warning for the other lights tells you which one it is but this could have been a calibration error for the headlight levelling so the HID headlights just went to the default position and so the auto levelling was off which would be a reason for the warning. The lights go through the working range and then settle in the correct place each time they are switched on. Check the manual I am sure I saw this mentioned. You may also be able to get a fault code with VagCom. But if its been OK since might be worth mentioning it at the next service or visit to Audi.

Cheers Paul,yeah i notice on a morning when i fire the car up the lights go up and down on the garage door then settle.I couldnt see anything in the manual it only states about "bulb out" and will light up on dash with a yellow lamp with a cross through it and tell you which light is out,thats why im concerned because it said lamp malfunction.I have booked it in to the local dealer on Tuesday next week so ill see what happens.

Had the car in today and they recon there is a fault with the switch,they have ordered a new one and fitting next week.I was less than impressed when i picked up the car it was dripping wet even though i had stressed i did not want the car cleaning,also it was abandoned outside the forecourt near the main road parked half on half off the kerb i went mental i do not treat the car like this and i expect the dealer to treat it with a little more respect Teesside Audi is shocking there customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

Hope they sort it with the switch. I know what you mean about washing it and parking it up why is there never any room to park up safely without the risk of damage to the car.