Lane Assist

Toucanxoo

Reaction score
How do you guys get along with Lane Assist?

My first experience was "this is cool" since then it is a little annoying. It tries to kick in at the weirdest of times.

Am I doing something wrong?

I struggle with it too, but I cant see way of switching it off permanently.

I am glad you said that, sometimes it feels like I am fighting the steering. I did turn it off in the settings and it was great for a day then back on next day. I also have to press yes it is me every time I get in which is a little annoying. Also I have pre sense which I am still trying to work out what it does.

@Whimsy I agree, perfect for larger straighter roads and effective. Smaller curvier roads not great as it can't always see the curb anyway.

Reactions: Whimsy
It worries me that its there, I would prefer drivers drive and concentrate and not let themselves get used to tech (which doesnt always work). I guess any safety option is good, but when I am cornering and I feel the judder and resistance it bugs me.

The PreSense thing has caused a little excitement when going around a traffic calming island. Thankfully I havent had to experience it for real, but I think is slams on the brakes if you come up behind someone to fast. It looks like an extension of the too close warning thing.

Reactions: Toucanxoo
At the moment I am seeing all sorts of new warnings. I should explain this is my 4th Audi A6 in a row but it is all new stuff. I am going to look to take the lane assist off in some way or at least make sure it is off once a day.

This is brilliant, I knew there was a reason why I joined this forum.

The Start/Stop I don't think you will be able to turn off as it is different to lane departure. It is a requirement in many places where as Lane Assist is just a feature.

Motorway - it's great, can't complain.
A-Roads - it's tried to kill me multiple times so I toggle it depending on the situation.

Mine doesn’t like cyclists, it’s tried to run a few off the road when I’ve tried to cross the white line to get past them!

Mine doesn’t like cyclists, it’s tried to run a few off the road when I’ve tried to cross the white line to get past them!

Who actually does like cyclists? The car knows it belongs on the road and cyclists should stay off the road.

Reactions: CalA3
Who actually does like cyclists? The car knows it belongs on the road and cyclists should stay off the road.
My car has tried to kill multiple cyclists over the past few weeks..

Maybe it is just me, but after 2 years I have just got into the habit of flicking the indicator if I need to pull out to pass a parked car or cyclists, so I hardly notie the lane assist anymore. On the odd occassion I get the vibration warning on the steering wheel or thr car tries to correct my course of travel a sharp tug on the steering wheel overrides the system

How do you guys get along with Lane Assist?

My first experience was "this is cool" since then it is a little annoying. It tries to kick in at the weirdest of times.

Am I doing something wrong?
No you are not, there is no fault with your car. Audi had to put this 'safety' feature on the car to get the maximum NCAP rating. This was from an interview I read with the Audi design team. It wasn't something they wanted to do, just they had to do it. It can be disabled to stay off by default if you have an OBD11 scanner to change the settings but you need to know what you are doing . My opinion ? It reduces safety, especially on narrow roads where there is a painted white line and cyclists are present.

If it can be done in ODB11, there must be a coding for it that could be used for VCDS. Anyone go both VCDS and ODB11 that might share what the codes and which modules to update are ?