Launch colour

quattro81

All the gear.. No idea
Reaction score
Hey hey.... After much debating over colour.. (sepang and mica hot favourites) I decided on misano with the marmite wheels.. I've based this decision on reading a thread from a guy that bought his original rs2 in nogaro because that was the colour Audi fielded at the Geneva launch - similarly Audi launched the rs3 in misano with the silly red/black rotor wheels so that's what I've gone for, who am I to argue!?
Also, it seems to be the best colour to go with the full buckets with quilted stitching in red :wub:(and red/black exclusive stitching on doors, handbrake, steering wheel etc)
I've also gone for black optics rather than the matt alu pack, but we'll see how that pans out.. Can't wait to get her, especially looking forward to turbo back milltek.. Sounds lovely on YouTube.. Now the long wait begins:lazy:
cf40cf36.jpg

Got a red S3 SB at the minute - love it.
my RS3 is down in a week in Daytona grey this time.
Loving the Miltek also.
the sound on the gear change is epic.

1st time I've seen the black optics, and I much prefer it over the alu-pack. Beautiful colour too. If only they made a 3 door with a fat ***. Pity you have to wait so long.

One of the Audi bosses has got this colour custom done.. Looks quite cool, not everyone's cuppa...

45d82410.jpg

cb5e9ea9.jpg

eff2a52b.jpg

Whe I say "custom" it was actually done at the factory by Audi.....

Got mine in Daytona Grey and the alu optic pack, electric seats and piano black in-lays, did not go for buckets as they are not comfy for easy touring, dont plan to boom the car on a track.
Not sure about my black inlays - the cabin in 'proper' black
Thinking of retro fitting alu race inlays
Whatever the colour it is 'fast'

Got mine in Daytona Grey and the alu optic pack, electric seats and piano black in-lays, did not go for buckets as they are not comfy for easy touring, dont plan to boom the car on a track.
Not sure about my black inlays - the cabin in 'proper' black
Thinking of retro fitting alu race inlays
Whatever the colour it is 'fast'
Very nice mate.. I have s line seats in my 2011 a3 with half leather/alcantara and they're very comfy.. Especially with the electric lumbar support, but when I get rid of that I plan on a 2008ish Q7 tdi to roll about in, so the rs3 remains a fun car rather than a daily drive.. Plus my kids will wreck it if it has to be the school run vehicle!!:scared2:

I don't wanna give all my secret plans away lol.. But look here too mate OSIR Design USA-OSIR - Stripes - Gloss Carbon - A3 8P I've ordered these (along with some engine dress up trinkets!)

That looks great - especially with body coloured mirrors which compliment the black optics really well. Thought the coloured mirrors weren't a UK factory option.

RS2 was actually called RS Blue, but admittedly very similar to Nogaro (and indeed VW's Jazz Blue as used in the Golf GTi Colour Concept). Sometimes it really helps to see the launch cars. I was sold on full black leather for my RS2 until I saw the blue alcantara.

That looks great - especially with body coloured mirrors which compliment the black optics really well. Thought the coloured mirrors weren't a UK factory option.

RS2 was actually called RS Blue, but admittedly very similar to Nogaro (and indeed VW's Jazz Blue as used in the Golf GTi Colour Concept). Sometimes it really helps to see the launch cars. I was sold on full black leather for my RS2 until I saw the blue alcantara.
The Rs2 Blue alcantara is epic :wub: it is my favourite interior ever! Especially if you went for the uber rare option of the RS silver and Red detailing stripes as in the pics on this guy's build thread...:
RS2 America - Page 44 - S2Forum - The Audi S2 Community

And AFAIK RS Blue and nogaro pearl are one and the same colour - it was re-named nogaro by audi after they nicked it from porsche

And AFAIK RS Blue and nogaro pearl are one and the same colour - it was re-named nogaro by audi after they nicked it from porsche

Hell - I bought a spray can in each colour (and Jazz blue too for my wife's car). Reckon I was done....
Just as well Sprint Blue was different as that justified buying a different spray can. ;)

That is gorjuss! anymore pics of that car? link? interior?
I haven't managed to get any pics if the inside, and IMHO it would look even better with black optics, privacy glass and colour coded mirrors, match the wheels nicely.. But here's a link to the photo gallery of the Audi underground carpark.. There's some lovely cars in there - so unique - They've even got #001 of the R8 GT in Suzuka grey!!:wub:

Fourtitude.com The Audi enthuisast web site

Last edited:
The Rs2 Blue alcantara is epic :wub: it is my favourite interior ever!

Just seen the pictures of the RS Q3 concept, and the interior is doing a similar thing for me again. Just needs black optics pack including roofrails (same with the yellow RS3) in my opinion.

The matt CF wing mirrors are also a welcome alternative to the overused aluminium ones I think. I still regret not taking them on my B5 RS4 when they were actual metal, and substituting with body coloured caps. Would have given the next owner a choice at zero cost too.