Le Mans 24 Hour

crazylegscrane

Reaction score
Anyone been to this?

Thinking about going and it looks like I've left it to the last minute...

Anyone done the camping thing there?

i went last year and im going this year, is an awesome roadtrip you camp in the middle of the track and the cars are soooo loud!!!

It's a great thing to do, make sure you get yourself down to scruitneering in the town, get some good pics of cars there.

Ill be there working look out for the Drayson racing Lola Judd;)

LeMans is fecking awesome, i've been twice. Was supposed to be going this year but have just bought a house so had to cancel...gutted!
You have to go!

Went last year, there again this year. Camped on Nord Bleu last year and got robbed. But still well worth it!!
Roll on june, last year i drove there in a 2.5 v6 petrol. So the diesel should be a welcomed change.

Def GO! I've been a few times and i'm gutted i'm missing it this year! go over to the town of arnage on the sunday evening. it's a great place to be post race!!

It's definately worth a visit. I went for the first time last year and I'm going again this year. It's a long journey down there but the road trip is all part of the fun, for me anyway.

From what I understand the different campsites vary in terms of facilities and the type of people that tend to stay there. There are quite a few websites with good guides. I camped in Karting Nord last year, lots of very drunk people but a great atmosphere, no trouble whatsoever.

If you stay anywhere close to the track, don't expect to get much sleep, some of the cars are seriously LOUD, when a Corvette comes past it sounds like the world's going to end. The queues for toilets/showers on that site were immense at times, but if you picked your moment wisely you could get straight in.

If you stay anywhere close to the track, don't expect to get much sleep, some of the cars are seriously LOUD, when a Corvette comes past it sounds like the world's going to end. The queues for toilets/showers on that site were immense at times, but if you picked your moment wisely you could get straight in.
Agreed on the showers, I used to nip back to camp during the day to use the showers. Fully worth it though. We went up into Le mans centre one night (visit the police station) It was completely dead, not a car in sight. Yet the air was alive to the sound of Le mans cars. It sounded beautiful!

Thanks for all the replies but I can't make it this year, the missus has said "NO!":no:

I'm definatley going to make a trip one year though, will be going to the DTM race at Brands in Sept instead as I'm allowed to do that so I've bought the tickets already.

I'd love to go as its normally the weekend of my birthday (14th) but unfortunatly it looks like i'll be watching it at home on the old tinternet with the radio le mans audio feed, again!!

you get some tv coverage as well I think (and hope!)

I remember watching it on tv one year so hopefully part of it it will be on one of the channels this year

Practice and Qualifying will be shown on the 9th and the race will be shown start to finish Live on Eurosport if you want too watch it.

Cal

I have a spare Maison Blanche camping pass going.

All you need is a car your passport and a credit card!!

PM if interested.

Andy

je veut pas porter malchance au doctor , toute la semaine j ai suivie les essais j en avait mare , d entendre les commentaires de eurosport les peugeot 4 seconde aux audi r15 plus , j ai hatent de les voir arriver et de clouer le bec a c commentaires sauf le grand mr JACKY ICKX et PESCALERO de vrai pro de l endurance quand on voit que a part le coup avec bmw . aAUDI R15 sont magnifique , je voulais cette annee assister et voir ces superbe voiture .Je ne suis qu un ouvrier avec peu de moyen mais passionner de audi depuis leur premiere apparition en ALMS et surtout au mans