Leak - possible water?

MA3TDIQ

Reaction score
Drove my car for 2 hours on motorway today. Came back and noticed a puddle under my car at the front wheel driver side. Found this strange as it hadn’t rained for a week where I live nor had I driven through any puddles.
had the AC unit on the whole journey.

does anyone know the cause of this leak and what is actually leaking here?
Video attached-you can see clear fluid dripping from underneath the car!

its condensation from the ac. its normal

Reactions: Sibmets, No more and abmat
just reviving this old post - I understand that this may be normal condensation from the AC but the leaking has progressed quite a bit.

Drove the car yesterday for around 2 hours and when I parked up there was quite a large puddle under the car.

Video attached.

I am thinking about doing an air recon service.

Can someone confirm it definitely isn't something that needs fixed ie - I am concerned they will tell me I need something replaced as well as a recharge of the gas..

Also there is two different gases - how do I know which one is required for my car?

R134a Gas which is cheaper than the R1234yf Gas

Thanks for your help!

There's an easy way to check. Next time you drive around, don't use the ac.
Park it up for the same amount of time then check underneath. No puddle? Everythings fine. Puddle? Investigate.
It's currently crazy hot so I'm gonna assume you used the ac. In which case, no problem.

The car uses r134a. It's a gas, the 'leak' you're seeing isn't escaping freon so no need to regas it