Leaking diesel pipe under car

Andy Burgess

Hi, I have a 2007 2.0tdi 170bhp A4 avant.
I have developed a diesel leak on a black hard plastic pipe that runs along a channel next to the diesel heat dissipator/cooler. Does anyone know where I can get the black pipe from?
I’ve already bought a new genuine Audi heat dissipator but it doesn’t come with said pipe.
Can anyone help?
1F2BA10C-52E6-4B81-9766-F66354EC0510.jpeg

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Audi parts can supply the pipe, however it may come as multiple, ideally chat to them in a parts department & see if you can find the pipe on etka with them.

Is it the left or right pipe?

Andy Burgess

D8F1C34F-FFEC-431A-8598-15D492FDB233.jpeg

This is the part I’ve bought. On the diagram it shows 4 pipes in total coming off it highlighted in yellow as per diagram.
62B1DD09-F1E5-4568-BF8B-BEB199BA7D97.jpeg

Andy Burgess

Spoke with and they say I have to buy a full pipe kit highlighted yellow for £380 which I find odd as you can buy all the other pipes and clips individual. I just need that black pipe so looking like it might be salvage yard
CA1E3556-FEDD-4E8D-A8BF-D6BD8959097D.jpeg

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Yeah as I mentioned, but is yours cracked as in your 1st pic it looks like the pipes come loose, cant you refit it & clamp?

Andy Burgess

Yeah as I mentioned, but is yours cracked as in your 1st pic it looks like the pipes come loose, cant you refit it & clamp?
It’s not cracked, it’s a plastic sleeve that goes around the pipe to stop it from rubbing on the bodywork. It’s a push fit that connects to the end of that pipe so I’d imagine it’s high pressure

Andy Burgess

I’ll be taking it off at the weekend and having a proper look where the actual problem lies. I know it’s definitely coming off the cooler and also a weap from the plastic pipe. Would clamping it be sufficient because it seems a high pressure pipe

Pie-eyedpiper

Unless you've hit something and cracked your pipe it's more likely to be a weeping connection, and then just running down the pipe

Andy Burgess

I’ve not long had the car and judging by the undertray it has hit something.
I’ve found a car being broke and managed to get the pipe. Not sure what the part number is but couldn’t find this pipe being sold anywhere on the net

Attachments

• 2B1F3B14-3EB2-43A3-8356-569ADA7FD557.jpeg
    2B1F3B14-3EB2-43A3-8356-569ADA7FD557.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8