Leather or Dinamica microfibre/artificial leather?

johnmv55

I have never really been a leather seat fan but I know most people are, do you think selecting the Dinamica option affect the resale price in 4-5 years time?

T-1000

Gold Supporter
I have never really been a leather seat fan but I know most people are, do you think selecting the Dinamica option affect the resale price in 4-5 years time?

I’ll be getting it.
Really liked it on the car we test drove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NevMan

Well known member

I doubt it mate. The dynamica is really nice, will be down to a preference thing as opposed to affecting resale I would have thought

johnmv55

From Autotrader

Attachments

• Dimanica.jpg
    Dimanica.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 111

johnmv55

I went down to local dealer, looked at a few 'Dinamica' seats in an RS4/TT and a new shape S Line A3 and then altered my order to Dinamica, should be interesting to see how that affects the build week?

johnmv55

Must admit that if the RS4 had ACC I dont think I could have left there without it................
Stunning in Daytona with 20 inch wheels

Attachments

• Stunning RS4.jpg
    Stunning RS4.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 98

NevMan

Well known member

johnmv55

Just had the reply from the dealer, we cant alter your car as its been brought forward to Build week 49, I dont know whether to be happy or sad :)

T-1000

Gold Supporter
Just had the reply from the dealer, we cant alter your car as its been brought forward to Build week 49, I dont know whether to be happy or sad :)

So no Dinamica for you then.

johnmv55

So no Dinamica for you then.

No :3sadwalk: Unless they can swap my order with another 'later' one, I need to talk to them

Alan Oliver

The worry I have with the Dinamica is when I look at old 8P S3's with the Alcantara inserts & see how shabby they look. I went with full leather, Just wish I could have got the Coloured stitching like the EU spec cars have.

johnmv55

The worry I have with the Dinamica is when I look at old 8P S3's with the Alcantara inserts & see how shabby they look. I went with full leather, Just wish I could have got the Coloured stitching like the EU spec cars have.
To be fair most Audi leather seats dont look too good either after a couple of years

NevMan

Well known member
To be fair most Audi leather seats dont look too good either after a couple of years

That is very true. They develop the dreaded creases in the side bolsters when you look at them

NevMan

Well known member

To be fair 8P’s are quite old now

johnmv55

That is very true. They develop the dreaded creases in the side bolsters when you look at them
I walked away from 2 R8's because of drivers RH seat bolster wear, I developed a way of getting in with R arm/hand on sill and lift myself over the bolster
Just look at the state of these in a 36K mile 2014 R8, The seats in my Golf R (37K miles) Alcantara bolsters with cloth centres look as good as day 1

Attachments

• R8 Seat bolster wear.jpg
    R8 Seat bolster wear.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 53

NevMan

Well known member
I walked away from 2 R8's because of drivers RH seat bolster wear, I developed a way of getting in with R arm/hand on sill and lift myself over the bolster
Just look at the state of these in a 36K mile 2014 R8, The seats in my Golf R (37K miles) Alcantara bolsters with cloth centres look as good as day 1

That is poor

Daggerit

Having seen the comparison today I’m thinking leather now.

That was my thought when I saw my local demo. It's not bad, but the leather looks rough around it I think.

johnmv55

I'll just alter that for you :)
That was my thought when I saw my local demo. It's not bad, but the artificial leather looks rough around it I think

Daggerit

I'll just alter that for you :)
That was my thought when I saw my local demo. It's not bad, but the artificial leather looks rough around it I think
Sorted, cheers. :tearsofjoy: