Leather or Dinamica microfibre/artificial leather?

johnmv55

Reaction score
I have never really been a leather seat fan but I know most people are, do you think selecting the Dinamica option affect the resale price in 4-5 years time?

I have never really been a leather seat fan but I know most people are, do you think selecting the Dinamica option affect the resale price in 4-5 years time?

I’ll be getting it.
Really liked it on the car we test drove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and johnmv55

I doubt it mate. The dynamica is really nice, will be down to a preference thing as opposed to affecting resale I would have thought

Reactions: 8YARWY and johnmv55
is the dymanica diamond pattern vs the leather honeycomb pattern ?

Reactions: 8YARWY and Daggerit
From Autotrader

Attachments

• Dimanica.jpg
    Dimanica.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,916
Reactions: 8YARWY
I went down to local dealer, looked at a few 'Dinamica' seats in an RS4/TT and a new shape S Line A3 and then altered my order to Dinamica, should be interesting to see how that affects the build week?

Reactions: Add_Profile and 8YARWY
Must admit that if the RS4 had ACC I dont think I could have left there without it................
Stunning in Daytona with 20 inch wheels

Attachments

• Stunning RS4.jpg
    Stunning RS4.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 909
Just had the reply from the dealer, we cant alter your car as its been brought forward to Build week 49, I dont know whether to be happy or sad :)

Just had the reply from the dealer, we cant alter your car as its been brought forward to Build week 49, I dont know whether to be happy or sad :)

So no Dinamica for you then.

The worry I have with the Dinamica is when I look at old 8P S3's with the Alcantara inserts & see how shabby they look. I went with full leather, Just wish I could have got the Coloured stitching like the EU spec cars have.

Reactions: NevMan
The worry I have with the Dinamica is when I look at old 8P S3's with the Alcantara inserts & see how shabby they look. I went with full leather, Just wish I could have got the Coloured stitching like the EU spec cars have.
To be fair most Audi leather seats dont look too good either after a couple of years

Reactions: Alan Oliver and NevMan
To be fair most Audi leather seats dont look too good either after a couple of years

That is very true. They develop the dreaded creases in the side bolsters when you look at them

Reactions: johnmv55 and 8YARWY

To be fair 8P’s are quite old now

That is very true. They develop the dreaded creases in the side bolsters when you look at them
I walked away from 2 R8's because of drivers RH seat bolster wear, I developed a way of getting in with R arm/hand on sill and lift myself over the bolster
Just look at the state of these in a 36K mile 2014 R8, The seats in my Golf R (37K miles) Alcantara bolsters with cloth centres look as good as day 1

Attachments

• R8 Seat bolster wear.jpg
    R8 Seat bolster wear.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 620
Reactions: 8YARWY and NevMan
I walked away from 2 R8's because of drivers RH seat bolster wear, I developed a way of getting in with R arm/hand on sill and lift myself over the bolster
Just look at the state of these in a 36K mile 2014 R8, The seats in my Golf R (37K miles) Alcantara bolsters with cloth centres look as good as day 1

That is poor

Having seen the comparison today I’m thinking leather now.

Reactions: Daggerit, Snake Pliskin and Add_Profile

imo the leather looks more premium mate & the honeycomb pattern is signature RS

Reactions: kayemill, johnmv55 and Add_Profile

That was my thought when I saw my local demo. It's not bad, but the leather looks rough around it I think.

I'll just alter that for you :)
That was my thought when I saw my local demo. It's not bad, but the artificial leather looks rough around it I think

Reactions: Daggerit
I’ll be getting it.
Really liked it on the car we test drove.

Same here really liked it in demo car today. I have gone for leather though.

TX.

Attachments

• IMG_20211220_1119016.jpg
    IMG_20211220_1119016.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 850
Reactions: NevMan and 8YARWY
And your thoughts on the car John

Totally loved it; sounded great on the move, blooming fast, looks awesome + tech inside was impressive! Forgot how "easy" 4WD is given the last 12 months in RWD :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: garethdj, NevMan, 8YARWY and 1 other person
I came across this older thread and wanted to chime in. When it comes to choosing between leather and Dinamica microfiber/artificial leather for your seats, it's all about personal preference.
Back then, the impact of selecting the Dinamica option on the resale price in 4-5 years would depend on market trends and buyer preferences at that time. While leather seats are generally popular, the value of Dinamica could have varied.
If you're interested in learning more about leather and its grades, Von Baer's blog can provide valuable insights. You can check out their website at vonbaer.com to delve into the topic.